• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Opens up About Carolina (CBS)

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Neither are good enough. That's what is important. Allen had the very key advantage of being a fraction of the cost. So yes, Allen at his contract was definitely better than giving Teddy $63M over 3 years.

*40 million for 2 years. Not a fan of the contract either, but quarterbacks don't come cheap.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QBs the caliber of Teddy and Kyle Allen do. That's why we had to eat a good chunk of his salary to offload him. He's only hitting the Broncos for $4.4M this year.

Teddy is significantly better than Kyle Allen.

The panthers were desperate and Teddy was coming off a great showcase in New Orleans, it’s easy to sit here and criticize the decision but hindsight is 20/20. 

He was brought in to be a stop gap and stymie the bleeding. What I think happened was the coaching staff was holding Teddy to task over the decision making and from there the relationship deteriorated.

• Pie 3

Teddy rightfully gets crap for coming up small time and time again. But why does everyone give Brady the benefit of the doubt? There's no question he needs to get better at situational playcalling. Is it really unfathomable that a coach, who's biggest prior experience was spending a single year as the passing game coordinator for a college team that was literally unchallenged the entire year, might not have fully developed his situational playcalling? And then he had to make the huge leap into the pros in the middle of a pandemic without anything close to a normal offseason to prepare? I think he'll do a lot better this year with more experience and hopefully a qb better equipped to execute plus a healthy CMC, but he left a lot to be desired in 2020. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

significantly? 

Then why did Kyle win more games than Teddy? And throw more TDs?  despite playing in less games...and with a bad OC? 

19 minutes ago, Jorgie said:

The panthers were desperate and Teddy was coming off a great showcase in New Orleans, it’s easy to sit here and criticize the decision but hindsight is 20/20. 

He was brought in to be a stop gap and stymie the bleeding. What I think happened was the coaching staff was holding Teddy to task over the decision making and from there the relationship deteriorated.

Teddy is trash and we paid him like a mid-level starter. If you're going to be forced to start a QB the level of a Teddy or Kyle Allen, go with the guy that's going to cost you a fraction of the price. If we had it to do over again, that's what we would've done. I'd bet money on that.

• Pie 1

Everyone is missing the restrictions form convid. Teams could not have "normal" practices. Huddlers hate boner for teddy touches space, but Joe Brady was a rookie OC and finding his way like 98% of Rhules staff. I admitted this plenty, they did a great job with all they had to put up with. (including Teddy)....

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

significantly? 

Then why did Kyle win more games than Teddy? And throw more TDs?  despite playing in less games...and with a bad OC? 

Kyle Allen went 1-4 last year on a team that made the playoffs, and almost beat the buccaneers in the wildcard.

The year before he threw for 16 interceptions and had 13 fumbles in 12 games started. So yeah I'd say Bridgwater is significantly better, in that he didnt have 29 turnovers in 12 games.

I would say good try but thatd be a stretch.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy is trash and we paid him like a mid-level starter. If you're going to be forced to start a QB the level of a Teddy or Kyle Allen, go with the guy that's going to cost you a fraction of the price. If we had it to do over again, that's what we would've done. I'd bet money on that.

See last post.