• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 9 - New England at Carolina

Zod

2 hours ago, NAS said:

I am still not convinced that Cam's arm can hold up.  It's evident that his arm gets worse as the year goes on

Sadly it is more than evident at this stage in his career. The arm has not looked the same in years. I hate it for him and I would be thrilled if he had a resurgent season but there are few fairytale endings in sports.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I wouldn't of put money on 89 embarrassing us either....yet it happened. 

If Cam has one really good Cam left in him....I'd call the Carolina the one that has the best odds though.   89 got us.  Ron got us.  One guy left. 

Again the last time Cam Newton played in a NFL game he threw for over 300 yards, 3tds, and caught a damn touchdown. 

He will play and he will destroy the panthers and I’ll put every dime I have on that. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Cam would have high odds for blood and guts volume 2.   89 wasn't even good that season he put the nail in the coffin and told us to go mow his lawn....keep it clean. 

I think as Panther fans, we have to hope for Mac. 

Pretty sure Smitty had over 1000 yards that season. 

I wouldn't be afraid to face Cam if he plays like he did the last three seasons.

56 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Did Cam not get benched 2-3 last year, I think 50/50 is a tad high. He does have 4 new weapons and more OL, so ........

No he didn’t. Started every damn game. He was taken out of games that were already decided and if that’s being benched then a lot of qbs got benched last year. 

Yeah....50/50 that Cam is playing at that point sounds right. His arm will probably be slowing down at that point if he is playing. 

Really this game could go either way. Pats are the safer bet, but even at that I wouldn't put money down... especially this early. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Pretty sure Smitty had over 1000 yards that season. 

I wouldn't be afraid to face Cam if he plays like he did the last three seasons.

Yeah, but he wasn’t the same dude anymore.  Logging 1000 yards isn’t what it was.   Robbie had 1000 yards this season and I wouldn’t say he was great.  

89 in Baltimore wasn’t the 89 that made his name in Carolina.  Same attitude but no longer the same threat. Probably bad language on my part.  Should of worded that initial post much better to get my point across.  

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He was still better than any WR we had at that point. Sad. He still would have been our best WR each year all the way up until we drafted DJ, no matter his age. 

probably true. 

But I don’t think 2015 happens with 89 on the roster.   There were pros and cons with 89.   It was time to let Cam have the team. 

40 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, but he wasn’t the same dude anymore.  Logging 1000 yards isn’t what it was.   Robbie had 1000 yards this season and I wouldn’t say he was great.  

89 in Baltimore wasn’t the 89 that made his name in Carolina.  Same attitude but no longer the same threat. Probably bad language on my part.  Should of worded that initial post much better to get my point across.  

I understand. But y'all need to leave Robby alone. Being that Bridgewater in no way played to Robby's strengths, I would say Robby did damned good! BTW, I wouldn't say any of our guys were great, but they were all good, especially considering the context.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Again the last time Cam Newton played in a NFL game he threw for over 300 yards, 3tds, and caught a damn touchdown. 

He will play and he will destroy the panthers and I’ll put every dime I have on that. 

you got venmo or Zelle? Daily limit is $2500, not sure what you mean by every dime but let's start there?