• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 9 - New England at Carolina

Zod

56 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, but he wasn’t the same dude anymore.  Logging 1000 yards isn’t what it was.   Robbie had 1000 yards this season and I wouldn’t say he was great.  

89 in Baltimore wasn’t the 89 that made his name in Carolina.  Same attitude but no longer the same threat. Probably bad language on my part.  Should of worded that initial post much better to get my point across.  

Oh yea I wasn’t disputing you. Just pointing out we still would have been better off with him than without. 

5 hours ago, jayflip said:

I hope he plays out this year. Hope he does well with actual weapons and an actual defense. 

I hope we win this one though. 

Patriots 2020 defense:

Points per game: 22.1 (7th)

Total yards allowed: 5660 (15th)

They weren’t the best but the Patriots sucked because of shitty weapons and shitty QB play. 

Everything else (oline (ranked 4th in the NFL), special teams (ranked 1st in the NFL), coaching, defense) was playoff caliber.

• Pie 1

You guys obviously didn’t get the Memo...

Cams błëśšëd and fréśh...

5619F176-5B57-422F-BD1F-0378B6A1BD44.jpeg

this is Cam Newton now. He is no longer about football, he’s about telling people how good he looks and how “blessed” he is. If you need to see what I am talking about go look at his Instagram page, he literally says it every day. 
Dude hasn’t been about that QB life for quite some time. 

Edited by Hotsauce
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 7

On 5/12/2021 at 6:07 PM, AceBoogie said:

Again the last time Cam Newton played in a NFL game he threw for over 300 yards, 3tds, and caught a damn touchdown. 

He will play and he will destroy the panthers and I’ll put every dime I have on that. 

Lol against the Jets in a meaningless game, congrats. He'll get beat out by Mac Jones well before week 9. It sucks man but Cam is completely washed up. Should've retired a Panther last year before going to the hell-hole that is NE.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

this is Cam Newton now. He is no longer about football, he’s about telling people how good he looks and how “blessed” he is. If you need to see what I am talking about go look at his Instagram page, he literally says it every day. 

See there is being honest about how he may play on the field moving forward based on his health and then there is ignorance like this based on his personal life. You should really focus on being less of a goof and putting more positivity in the world.

• Poo 1

Sorry, Cam won't be starting QB by that time and there's a case to be made that he may not be the starter coming out of training camp. Not saying Mac is ready right now, but that bum shoulder Cam's been working with hasn't been getting any younger or better. 

I hate it for him, he was one of the most spectacular players to hit the field back in his heyday. He did things no one else ever had or might not ever will. But he hasn't been the same guy since Denver knocked the stuffings out of him in the Super Bowl and then did it again on opening day the following season. They tore the cape off of Superman and blew their noses on it.

And it just started the long, slow slide from there. That's football, though. Few, if any, get to go out at their best and few get to hang on for very long at all.

If this thread is any indication there are some sad dudes out there who can't let the Cam thing go one way or the other. If you are still hating on him or still trying to convince yourself he will return to mvp form you might need to talk to somebody.

I think there should be a Poll made and we can all make our choice as to whether we believe Cam is the Pats' Week 9 starter or not.   

I'm tempted to make one myself but after the Marlboro Man fiasco where I was "reminded" that someone already made a topic of it weeks ago, I'm a bit hesitant....

Edited by glenwo2

10 hours ago, Hotsauce said:

Gotta be candidate for dumbest post of the year, has got to be 

• Beer 2