• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 9 - New England at Carolina

Zod

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Naw, you just missed the boat, been discussed multiple times on here and debunked multiple times on here.

good example is a poster brought up cams last game vs the jets and someone’s rebuttal was because it’s the jets, the jets as disfunctional and organization they are have zero to do with cams arm, he demonstrated numerous times throughout the season his arm was fine 

Brother we're talking about Cam Newton here. The man who came into the league a national champion with a cannon for an arm throwing for 400 yards in back to back starts in a lockout year. In a league where now more and more quarterbacks are airing it out. Yet he only threw for 2600 yards and registered the lowest passing yards per game of his career by a very noticeable margin. The arm strength he once had has not lasted a season since what 2016 or 2017? You don't have to like it or be happy about it but the truth is right in front of you.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I hope he starts and plays well but we have the ball last and win in the final seconds with Sam leading the team. I wish Cam well and will pull for him in every game except for the ones against us. Go Panthers!

Logo Carolina Panthers Gif - Logo Design

Edited by Michael G

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Brother we're talking about Cam Newton here. The man who came into the league a national champion with a cannon for an arm throwing for 400 yards in back to back starts in a lockout year. In a league where now more and more quarterbacks are airing it out. Yet he only threw for 2600 yards and registered the lowest passing yards per game of his career by a very noticeable margin. The arm strength he once had has not lasted a season since what 2016 or 2017? You don't have to like it or be happy about it but the truth is right in front of you.

Name me the qbs throwing for 4000 yards with wrs like the great damiere byrd, jacoby Meyers, K’neal Harry and don’t get me started on the TE’s lol. 

if you don’t want the context behind it than just say so, but there’s a reason the pats went and grabbed the best two te’s in fa and several wrs also(hint it had nothing to do with cam’s arm strength). 

I still don’t understand why a coach as prestige as Bill is putting a qb who has no arm out on the field consistently.....

14 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

That’s incorrect, the games where he had more passing attempts he yield a significantly better qbr than games where he attempted under 20 passes 

Go back and read what I said.  I said "the following week" he did a lot worse because his arm was clearly fatigued. 

11 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Name me the qbs throwing for 4000 yards with wrs like the great damiere byrd, jacoby Meyers, K’neal Harry and don’t get me started on the TE’s lol. 

if you don’t want the context behind it than just say so, but there’s a reason the pats went and grabbed the best two te’s in fa and several wrs also(hint it had nothing to do with cam’s arm strength). 

I still don’t understand why a coach as prestige as Bill is putting a qb who has no arm out on the field consistently.....

Just watch him play to see it. It's sad and unfortunate but easily noticed 

• Pie 1

I really hope Mac Jones is the starter by that point, much rather have Burns and company teeing off on a slow footed rookie in the pocket then having to deal with Cam's escapability in what likely will be a low scoring defensive game. Bigger concern is Darnold against a healthy Patriots D - we know how that's gone so far.

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

I really hope Mac Jones is the starter by that point, much rather have Burns and company teeing off on a slow footed rookie in the pocket then having to deal with Cam's escapability in what likely will be a low scoring defensive game. Bigger concern is Darnold against a healthy Patriots D - we know how that's gone so far.

I have a feeling that even if Mac Jones starts that Cam will be used in short yardage situations as a change of pace.

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

I have a feeling that even if Mac Jones starts that Cam will be used in short yardage situations as a change of pace.

No doubt.  Cam IMO is the best short yardage weapon in NFL history.   Bill isn't going to not use him.   

As to Newton, I think all but the most delusional understand he's not who he used to be. Suggestions that he's going to return to MVP form are just cringeworthy.

The only question is whether he can be a better version of what he was last year. Will another year of work lead to improvement, or will another year of wear and tear lead to decline?

I'd say both are equally possible.

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, NAS said:

Go back and read what I said.  I said "the following week" he did a lot worse because his arm was clearly fatigued. 

That’s still incorrect, buf, jets, bal, hou were his most attempts during the season, and those were some of his best games......