Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Draft Analysis: "A massive value-destroying error"?


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Rhule and Fitterer better be fired on the spot if Darnolds is trash and Fields go on to having a ROTY type season. 

They won't be, and it'd be stupid if they were.

  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Rhule and Fitterer better be fired on the spot if Darnolds is trash and Fields go on to having a ROTY type season. Rhule hasn’t even coached his 2nd season yet and I’m already getting disgruntled. This dude came here, cut Cam Newton and gave Teddy Bridgwater a $60 million contract. A year later, he cut Teddy for Darnold. This is the NFL, not college. We the fans don’t care about progress and improvements. We want a Super Bowl. Quit playing musical chairs at the QB position. 

This sentiment is beyond ignorant. 

We had to move on from Cam. There is no universe where he would have been retained at his old contract. With a new staff, it was time to move on. 

No matter how you feel about $20 mil a year, that is cheap in todays NFL for a starting QB. Teddy was our starting QB. 

No Panther fan wanted Teddy back for this coming season, yet now the staff is getting crap for cutting him, and the team moving forward with a guy that is their guy with a stronger arm.  

While you may want to stop playing musical chairs at QB, that's what it takes until you find a good one.  If they weren't willing to play musical chairs, then they would be alright with not finding our next franchise QB as soon as possible. 

You guys argue over the stupidest poo on earth. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

If you’re going to play musical chairs, play it right. Take Justin Fields at 8, not Jaycee Horn. We could’ve just kept Kyle Allen or starter Will Grier and won as many games last season as we did by giving Teddy the lottery ticket. Rhule is an idiot. Tepper is too. 

Not a clue in sight...

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

It's strange to me like there's no QBs coming out in 2022 and beyond. Yes, we passed on Fields but we have a plan to see if a 23-year old #3 overall pick could be the answer. He may or may not be.

However, there will be QBs available to draft next year...and the year after that...and yup... the year after that. 

 

Well, this was viewed as a pretty strong QB class. All years aren’t created equal. 

like a 2012, the year we drafted Luke.   If we had rolled with Clausen one more season…..the only first round QB taken was Weeden.   Only second round QB was Brock.   It was super weak at the top.    Imagine feeling forced to address QB in a year like that.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

This article is why you end up drafting guys like Jimmy "The Pickle" Clausen.

You don't chase bad QBs, you get the capital to go after good ones.

The article is right in it’s core message.  They just went about it horrible. 

RB, ILB, DB, right side OL….isn’t where the value is and where the guys have the biggest impact.   A bad team can hit on one….and it won’t change much.  Other positions just have the ability to impact a team bigger. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

The article is right in it’s core message.  They just went about it horrible. 

RB, ILB, DB, right side OL….isn’t where the value is and where the guys have the biggest impact.   A bad team can hit on one….and it won’t change much.  Other positions just have the ability to impact a team bigger. 

I tend to put the most value on what we need that we don't have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

If you’re going to play musical chairs, play it right. Take Justin Fields at 8, not Jaycee Horn. We could’ve just kept Kyle Allen or starter Will Grier and won as many games last season as we did by giving Teddy the lottery ticket. Rhule is an idiot. Tepper is too. 

Wrong answer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MadHatter said:

I agree with you that you can’t win without a good qb.  However, the staff believe Darnold (top 3 pick) is as good as the other qb’s not named Lawrence and Wilson in this draft.

 

I agree about Lawrence, but we don't know if Wilson was in that equation. And though some might want to argue, Lance could have easily been in that equation as well (or not). The only thing we know for sure is that Jones and Fields didn't make the cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree about Lawrence, but we don't know if Wilson was in that equation. And though some might want to argue, Lance could have easily been in that equation as well (or not). The only thing we know for sure is that Jones and Fields didn't make the cut.

Insiders have been pretty consistent saying that we didn't see Lance as a fit for Brady's offense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I tend to put the most value on what we need that we don't have.

We have had 3 consecutive losing seasons because we have haven’t had a healthy or good QB.   In a QB centric league.  The far and away most important position in the NFL.   Pretty big need there. 
 

QB is a need.  Left side of the OL is a need.  And we were bottom of the league in sacks.  That’s still a need.    The most impactful positions in today’s NFL.  

and we picked up a guy going to into his 4th season never having a winning season….and used a top 10 pick on a DB.    Majority here would have been against such if that was posed to you after last season ended.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

We have had 3 consecutive losing seasons because we have haven’t had a healthy or good QB.   In a QB centric league.  The far and away most important position in the NFL.   Pretty big need there. 
 

QB is a need.  Left side of the OL is a need.  And we were bottom of the league in sacks.  That’s still a need.    The most impactful positions in today’s NFL.  

and we picked up a guy going to into his 4th season never having a winning season….and used a top 10 pick on a DB.    

 

The braintrust didn't see quarterback as a need after getting Darnold.

Like it or not, agree or not, that's the way it is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...