• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Analysis: "A massive value-destroying error"?

PanthersATL

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Translation: "They didn't pick the quarterback I wanted so I'm gonna b-tch and moan and hope they lose so I can say I was right."

Translation: "I can't have my own opinion, because he'll use my own words against me, because that comparison between Rhule and Saban was spot on."

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Does Trainwreck just say these things for attention and shock value? There's no consistency to his takes. Constantly contradicting.

Classic chuck...... I swear he makes a good point, then gos out the rails for the next 20 posts. 

Edited by Basbear

16 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Translation: "I can't have my own opinion, because he'll use my own words against me, because that comparison between Rhule and Saban was spot on."

You can have your own opinion. You've just chosen one that happens to be stupid.

Rhule did a pretty good job last year. His grade for now is still an incomplete, but I'm encouraged.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Basbear said:
6 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Does Trainwreck just say these things for attention and shock value? There's no consistency to his takes. Constantly contradicting.

Classic chuck...... I swear he makes a good point, then gos out the rails for the next 20 posts. 

Wait, am I no longer "Chuck"...?!?!?

6 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Sam can make all the throws and isn't afraid to take chances. 

What he lacks is consistency and that will be up to the coaches to address.  

What are the underlying reasons for his "lack of consistency"...??

By definition "lack of consistency" dovetails with poor decision making...

...the root cause?

Cleary athletic ability is abundant, so is it lack of intellect?

Something else?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

You can have your own opinion. You've just chosen one that happens to be stupid.

Rhule did a pretty good job last year. His grade for now is still an incomplete, but I'm encouraged.

Some would argue trading for a QB who is a 1st round bust to be stupid. 

Yeah Saban overachieved his first year too, then came that 2nd year, how that decision at QB work out for him?

• Flames 1

49 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...the root cause?

Something else?

All good questions.  Nothing I've read about Darnold has indicated that he has a learning issue.  Clearly Rhule and his people believe Sam can be coached up or they wouldn't have traded for him.  Still, I'm keeping a closer eye on Rhule after the Teddy fiasco.

If Rhule is right about Darnold, he'll will look like a genius.  If not, chances are Matt will have at least one more shot at finding his franchise QB in Carolina before the axe falls.  

Meanwhile, Carolina will be younger and more athletic on both sides of the ball thanks to a record number of draft picks.  So, whether Sam turns out to be our next franchise QB or not, the Panthers will be much closer to building a championship organization in Carolina than they were a year ago. 

Bottom line/TLDR:  Stay the course, it's a process.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Yeah Saban overachieved his first year too, then came that 2nd year, how that decision at QB work out for him?

And some would argue that calling Sam a 1st round bust without giving him an opportunity to prove you wrong or right is pretty stupid.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

...the root cause?

Something else?

34 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

All good questions.  Nothing I've read about Darnold has indicated that he has a learning issue.  Clearly Rhule and his people believe Sam can be coached up or they wouldn't have traded for him.  Still, I'm keeping a closer eye on Rhule after the Teddy fiasco.

If Rhule is right about Darnold, he'll will look like a genius.  If not, chances are Matt will have at least one more shot at finding his franchise QB in Carolina before the axe falls.  

Meanwhile, Carolina will be younger and more athletic on both sides of the ball thanks to a record number of draft picks.  So, whether Sam turns out to be our next franchise QB or not, the Panthers will be much closer to building a championship organization in Carolina than they were a year ago. 

Bottom line/TLDR:  Stay the course, it's a process.

Let me ask you BOTH a question :

Just what the F did he learn in NY under a moron like Gase?  

It seemed like he had to end up learning sh-t on his own the best he could

Him being coached by Rhule and Brady will be the very first time he'll actually be able to LEARN something aside from "Ignore Adam Gase's ramblings and take a guess at what needs to be done next on offense".

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Let me ask you BOTH a question :

Just what the F did he learn in NY under a moron like Gase?  

It seemed like he had to end up learning sh-t on his own the best he could

Him being coached by Rhule and Brady will be the very first time he'll actually be able to LEARN something aside from "Ignore Adam Gase's ramblings and take a guess at what needs to be done next on offense".

Darnold's last boss was fired.  Sam deserves the benefit of the doubt and time to present his case for being our franchise QB.  

I'm an old NFL fan who watched a shell shocked Jim Plunkett turn his career around and win two Super Bowls for the Raiders.  Most teams thought Jim was a lost cause, they were wrong. 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Some would argue that declaring it stupid before we see how it works out is actually kind of...stupid.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1