• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Blew the Offseason?

travisura

Just now, glitchh8 said:

Now why don't you share with the gang what your bitch with Bleacher Report is, I see more facts here than not.  We may have stumbled on an acorn at the bottom of the 2nd round but still missed out on solid OL and S picks that were REAL NEEDS thanks to our new GMs lack of experience drafting high. What's said all makes perfect sense. 

The Bleacher Report is fuging trash.  It always has been, since their very first article.  They just get people like you and me to write articles for them.  Most of the time they just pull content from other sites, and come up with bullshit lists like they are BuzzFeed.  

Its all clickbait bullshit.  And I don't just say that because of this article, its always been like that.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

12 minutes ago, glitchh8 said:

Now why don't you share with the gang what your bitch with Bleacher Report is, I see more facts here than not.  We may have stumbled on an acorn at the bottom of the 2nd round but still missed out on solid OL and S picks that were REAL NEEDS thanks to our new GMs lack of experience drafting high. What's said all makes perfect sense. 

No it doesn't.

The last paragraph is especially full of bullsh-t.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

The Bleacher Report is fuging trash.  It always has been, since their very first article.  They just get people like you and me to write articles for them.  Most of the time they just pull content from other sites, and come up with bullshit lists like they are BuzzFeed.  

Its all clickbait bullshit.  And I don't just say that because of this article, its always been like that.

Thanks.

I only see BR if someone links to it, and then just register it as one opinion among many without getting emotionally involved with it. 

But this article says some things I thought during/after the draft, things those who think we killed the draft just can't/won't handle.

I think Curtis is irrelevant given the talent Darnold has.

But the fact the oline is still straight trash for the most part and the Panthers did pass up players and traded down, I see not problem with this article...as someone already said only time will tell.

Problem is all you homers only concur with any article saying everything was a masterpiece without actually see the results. That’s what’s going to flood the forums with knee jerk doomsday threads when poo hits the fan and it becomes apparent one offseason won’t fix issues like 36 sacks allowed in a season.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, travisura said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2942900-4-nfl-teams-that-blew-the-2021-offseason

"The Carolina Panthers appeared to have everything going for them this offseason: plenty of cap space, a stable stopgap veteran quarterback, a premium draft pick to use toward the long-term future under center and offensive coordinator Joe Brady, the architect of Joe Burrow's historic run at LSU. 

Instead, Carolina said "no thanks" to a quarterback and the offensive line with the eighth overall selection, traded for a failed first-rounder (Sam Darnold) and dealt its veteran stopgap (Teddy Bridgewater)

The keys to the offense now belong to a career 59.8 percent passer with a 45-39 touchdown-to-interception ratio. Nobody would argue the New York Jets were a stable developmental environment for the 2018 third overall pick, so maybe the Panthers can help him turn his career around. But his completion rate is a major red flag. 

Darnold secured, the Panthers passed on a quarterback in the first round, taking cornerback Jaycee Horn at No. 8. They then traded down twice in the second round and ultimately missed out on offensive line talent that could've helped fix a unit that allowed 36 sacks last year. 

Sprinkle in the fact that Carolina also lost a weapon like Curtis Samuel, and the organization didn't exactly do enough to create an encouraging developmental situation for Darnold. It could hurt the Panthers immediately and far into the future."

Thoughts?

The only major red flag is this garbage report.

This article sounds like something Gorge or Sizzle would type up.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No it doesn't.

The last paragraph is especially full of bullsh-t.

Playing Devil's advocate, B/R is all opinion pieces, and other than the last paragraph, he didn't lie. We did cut Teddy, we did trade for a a QB that has not been good so far, and we did pass on QB and LT in the first round. But completely ignoring the weapons we got for Sam and the fact that our line is significantly improved from last season makes this guy look like an idiot. Plus it was glaringly obvious to anyone who watched a game last season that Teddy was not getting it done.

I personally love the Horn pick, but passing on Slater and Fields were hard pills to swallow for a huge portion of the fanbase. If Christianson and Darnold don't work out, there are going to be a lot of I told you so's. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I think Curtis is irrelevant given the talent Darnold has.

But the fact the oline is still straight trash for the most part and the Panthers did pass up players and traded down, I see not problem with this article...as someone already said only time will tell.

Problem is all you homers only concur with any article saying everything was a masterpiece without actually see the results. That’s what’s going to flood the forums with knee jerk doomsday threads when poo hits the fan and it becomes apparent one offseason won’t fix issues like 36 sacks allowed in a season.

My biggest issue is with the title. We, in no way, blew offseason. Our line is better, our D is better in every area, our QB can't be any worse, we have more playmakers catching the ball.  Did we pass on drafting some better talent in order to accumulate more picks? Probably. There's no way to tell whether the 12 that we got will be worse than the 7 we didn't.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

My biggest issue is with the title. We, in no way, blew offseason. Our line is better, our D is better in every area, our QB can't be any worse, we have more playmakers catching the ball.  Did we pass on drafting some better talent in order to accumulate more picks? Probably. There's no way to tell whether the 12 that we got will be worse than the 7 we didn't.

^This

To argue that we completely blew the offseason is ridiculous. We didn't give up any future assets (minus next years 2nd) to give ourselves a shot at a Franchise QB and we continued to build on a Def that showed a lot of potential towards the end of last season. I think fans around the league probably didn't realize how gutted our roster was at the beginning of last season. We absolutely needed to rebuild this roster and none of the QBs available to us over the last 2 years were going to cover for the lack of talent we had across the field.

Now you can argue that there were other areas of need and that is definitely true but ultimately the players picked all filled needs in some way and by trading back we were able to get 5 or 6 extra chances to continue adding talent. 

The proof will be in the pudding about whether the Darnold gamble will pay off and honestly it's probably 50/50 at this point. The key to me is that we have given ourselves some time to continue adding talent to the roster which cannot be a bad thing.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1