• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kelvin Benjamin trying out for the Giants

5 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

The Golden Calf of Bristol got a 1 year contract after not playing football for almost a decade, anything is possible I guess. 

No contract in place there...

He is an interesting case study.

Never worked hard and simply out talented his surroundings. I would guess the structure and lack of cash in college had more to do with him keeping his weight within reason in the off seasons than anything else. Enters the pro and he basically takes six months vacation every year.

He did get his weight in order one year, losing like 30 pounds over summer, and looks in shape. Of course with his size and natural explosiveness he should had worked his knees every day or he was an ACL tear waiting to happen. He made himself injury prone.

I wish him all the best, if he has matured enough to put in the work he should have a shot.

• Pie 1
7 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Lol “excuse generation,” give me a break.  Do you also yell at clouds and blame the “excuse generation” for Sears going out of business?  People are complicated.  Grief can cause people to lash out to their friends and family when they don’t know how to deal with it.  It’s not simply an “excuse”when it’s a validated phenomenon.  An excuse is Teddy blaming his shitty end of game play on coaching while he’s missing wide open receivers.  

He could try acting like an adult. Grieving is fine and understandable, but blaming your failure on others really isn’t acceptable regardless of the circumstances. It’s definitely an excuse to use grief as a blanket excuse for all poor behavior. 

I remember watching him run routes in a game back in 2016 and it was easily the most pathetic and lazy performance I have ever seen. 

• Pie 1
8 hours ago, PandaMan said:

Lol “excuse generation,” give me a break.  Do you also yell at clouds and blame the “excuse generation” for Sears going out of business?  People are complicated.  Grief can cause people to lash out to their friends and family when they don’t know how to deal with it.  It’s not simply an “excuse”when it’s a validated phenomenon.  An excuse is Teddy blaming his shitty end of game play on coaching while he’s missing wide open receivers.  

People like that yearn for a time when social pressure meant you dealt with your problems by drinking yourself to death and beating up your wife and kids behind closed doors.

30 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

People like that yearn for a time when social pressure meant you dealt with your problems by drinking yourself to death and beating up your wife and kids behind closed doors.

Yep, it’s definitely binary. Has to be one or the other.

Maybe people could just try not acting like a piece of poo in public OR private? 

Assuming he has fully blown through his earnings and maybe has some motivation to get into shape?  Your habits can fully change with some maturity.  He has/had the talent. At the very least, it's likely he has at least gotten physically in shape. 

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

If you could put #89's heart in KBs rookie body, you'd have a top 5 WR of all time

I wish him success and hope he can resurrect his career

1A70F035-F97F-4DC4-8883-8E8D9F1AD9C3.jpeg

Except you would need to take out the one character flaw of sucker punching teammates and cutting your positional teammates throats to the point that no rookies any longer prosper or develop. If you could take away that trait most definitely.