• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas Update

Zod

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Come September, he might not be.

Exactly. I have the same gut feeling that he either shapes up or he will be shipped out.

This is no longer a Jerry Richardson, Ron Rivera, Marty Hurney run team that coddles deadwood that does not meet expectations.

Edited by KatsAzz

Manhertz beat this kid out last year and we know what type of receiver he was/is. I would have thought that would have motivated him...but we didn't see much of an impact on the field. I hope he improves and does well but I will be a little surprised if he does--whether its for us or someone else.

We don't really use the TE as much as we did in our past offenses, at least it didn't seem like it last year.

It might have helped, of course, if we had some decent TEs, but Ian Thomas fits the bill of a lot of guys who wash out of the league. All the talent in the world and none of the work ethic. Route running is a major component of pass catching in the NFL. Especially at a position that generally doesn't just outrun it's competition, you have to be able to get open through proper technique.

I don't have much hope that Thomas will get it right at this point.

12 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

We don't really use the TE as much as we did in our past offenses, at least it didn't seem like it last year.

It might have helped, of course, if we had some decent TEs, but Ian Thomas fits the bill of a lot of guys who wash out of the league. All the talent in the world and none of the work ethic. Route running is a major component of pass catching in the NFL. Especially at a position that generally doesn't just outrun it's competition, you have to be able to get open through proper technique.

I don't have much hope that Thomas will get it right at this point.

I think that's kind of a "chicken or the egg" debate.

Did we not use the tight end much last year because we didn't want to or was it because our tight end options weren't that good?

• Pie 1