• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The ideal Offensive Line

Elflien is the LG--he played pretty well beside the ROOKIE Becton last year--Becton was considered raw and transitioned better than most figured he would -Elflein gets some of that credit. 

Elflein will now get to break in another rookie LT--Christensen. 

I think they will groom Brown to take over at RG, as stated here, but he may be spending more time conditioning than learning the NFL game for a while, so I would speculate that Miller starts the season--just a guess. 

And it should not go unnoted that Undrafted Free Agent David Moore could be the heir apparent at C--not guard, where Paradis is probably playing his final season.  "Per the Panthers website, Rhule even experimented with Moore at center during their time together in Mobile. Perhaps the Panthers coaching staff saw enough from him that they could envision him playing either guard or center.   At worst, great G depth, at best, starting center in 2022.

• Pie 3

45 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Elflien is the LG--he played pretty well beside the ROOKIE Becton last year--Becton was considered raw and transitioned better than most figured he would -Elflein gets some of that credit. 

Elflein will now get to break in another rookie LT--Christensen. 

I think they will groom Brown to take over at RG, as stated here, but he may be spending more time conditioning than learning the NFL game for a while, so I would speculate that Miller starts the season--just a guess. 

And it should not go unnoted that Undrafted Free Agent David Moore could be the heir apparent at C--not guard, where Paradis is probably playing his final season.  "Per the Panthers website, Rhule even experimented with Moore at center during their time together in Mobile. Perhaps the Panthers coaching staff saw enough from him that they could envision him playing either guard or center.   At worst, great G depth, at best, starting center in 2022.

It's worth noting that we signed Elfein to a 3 year deal, Even if the final year is practically voidable. I think he's our insurance policy at C for next year just in case Moore doesn't get it or we don't come across a 2022 FA or draft pick that can start day 1.

• Pie 1

On 5/14/2021 at 11:32 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Daley had his moments last year and his ability to play multiple position makes me believe he'll make the team.   

Little, IMO, is odd man out. 

I also think that Tremble could fill 2 positions (TE and FB) giving us the opportunity to keep 10 O-line me.  

Daley is always hurt as well as Little. From past statements I don’t think Coach Rhule has much use for always injured players. 

On 5/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

We have several players that have the ability to play multiple positions. With th players on this roster what would be your ideal line up?

Mine, at least to start the season with Christensen moving out to LT later.

LT  Scott

LG Christensen

C Paradis

RG Brown

RT Moton

christensen can't run block so no.

On 5/14/2021 at 10:08 AM, XClown1986 said:

Ideally?

Christensen Brown Paradis Moore Moton

Because that will mean 3 rookies EARNED the starting jobs over vets and still have room to grow and build chemistry for the next 3+ years.

that or the vets are that bad or injured. can't start off the season with two rookies on the left hand side.