• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Minicamp

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also remember DL Coach Brian Baker being entertaining the way he got on guys for half-assing 😄

I used to watch them because they practiced close to the fence in the shade--I remember that man verbally undressing Charles Johnson--I remember thinking, "That was a wasted pick..." 

They would run goal line defense into that side of the field as well.  great view from behind the D--I remember watching Beason reading the play as fast as the RB--I was like--"He is the real deal!" 

But the worst I ever saw was the constant harassment Smitty gave Dwayne Jarrett.  Abuse--Smitty did not relate well with new WRs--saw them as competition, I guess?

Speaking of Smitty, the OTAs I watched showed me that he had no real friends--except Kasay.  They talked during warm ups the entire time.

Finally, since Richard Marshall was mentioned, he came out of practice one day and told me while signing my son's autograph, "I am going to sign my (RFA) tender today."  It was sort of a story at the time.  I was like, "Congrats, I think."  He said he was tired of worrying about it.  Nice guy--kind of nerdy--and outcast of sorts.  But why he chose me to tell I have no idea.  I think he was going into the stadium to sign it--not sure, but it was not a story until later than day.  Going to OTAs back then was great because there were only a few people there--we were not the EBAY profiteers-just wanted photos and signatures at times, but mostly pics--so they would chat.

5 hours ago, Mistuh Jones said:

For the non OL UDFA bro I'm low key excited for Paddy Fisher. Let's goooo the ILB spot can be all yours if you work your ass off 

I tell you why that he might make it, in my opinion.  So many teams are running defenses that require a Tampa 2 type coverage LB.  Fisher is not that guy.  He will be a special team player and brought in for the nickel on goal line and short yardage.   He could grow from there, but with 2 ILBs, a run stuffer is not a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I used to watch them because they practiced close to the fence in the shade--I remember that man verbally undressing Charles Johnson--I remember thinking, "That was a wasted pick..." 

They would run goal line defense into that side of the field as well.  great view from behind the D--I remember watching Beason reading the play as fast as the RB--I was like--"He is the real deal!" 

But the worst I ever saw was the constant harassment Smitty gave Dwayne Jarrett.  Abuse--Smitty did not relate well with new WRs--saw them as competition, I guess?

Speaking of Smitty, the OTAs I watched showed me that he had no real friends--except Kasay.  They talked during warm ups the entire time.

Finally, since Richard Marshall was mentioned, he came out of practice one day and told me while signing my son's autograph, "I am going to sign my (RFA) tender today."  It was sort of a story at the time.  I was like, "Congrats, I think."  He said he was tired of worrying about it.  Nice guy--kind of nerdy--and outcast of sorts.  But why he chose me to tell I have no idea.  I think he was going into the stadium to sign it--not sure, but it was not a story until later than day.  Going to OTAs back then was great because there were only a few people there--we were not the EBAY profiteers-just wanted photos and signatures at times, but mostly pics--so they would chat.

I think it was actually Rivera who had the tarps and stuff put up, but I had a chance to ask him about it going into one practice and he said that decision was made above him.

Maybe he was telling the truth, but I kind of suspected otherwise.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think it was actually Rivera who had the tarps and stuff put up, but I had a chance to ask him about it going into one practice and he said that decision was made above him.

Maybe he was telling the truth, but I kind of suspected otherwise.

I mean, if I was the Saints, Falcons, etc. I would own a condo across the street and a NASA telescope with a boom mic.  OTAs?  Come on--tarps? 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I mean, if I was the Saints, Falcons, etc. I would own a condo across the street and a NASA telescope with a boom mic.  OTAs?  Come on--tarps? 

Gratitude to Belichick for that policy...

(thanks a lot, a--hole) 😒

Kinda wonder how Rhule and Fitterer feel about it. Doubt anybody brings it up to them, though.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gratitude to Belichick for that policy...

(thanks a lot, a--hole) 😒

Kinda wonder how Rhule and Fitterer feel about it. Doubt anybody brings it up to them, though.

Domes and Drones-  the NFL has changed.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Domes and Drones-  the NFL has changed.

Heck, all I typically took was a pen and a notepad.

Somebody at training camp once asked me if I was spying for another team (the Saints, I think). I was wearing my Panthers jersey at the time.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heck, all I typically took was a pen and a notepad.

Somebody at training camp once asked me if I was spying for another team (the Saints, I think). I was wearing my Panthers jersey at the time.

Then you showed them your notepad, and said, "What do you think?":

image.jpeg.5c22b041f3c3b6a3fd51166f15616d93.jpeg

This joke never gets old.  I imagine we probably were there at the same time--Very few watched the entire practice--most showed up when the players were entering and leaving--

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

meanwhile, in Tampa

Bucs first round pick Joe Tryon, the LB from Washington, did not pass his physical and is here but not participating in rookie minicamp. He recently had a minor surgical procedure on his knee, coach Bruce Arians said.

Also is Tampa, their 2nd rd pick Trask has looked like trash.

• Pie 2