• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Minicamp

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Best part of this is David Moore at center.... I love that we are playing him there. Guy has a chance 👀

I watched the interviews linked here earlier (Thanks Mr. Scot).  I was impressed with D. Brown--not just the weight loss (which shows dedication) but his intensity and seriousness.  He said, "If you don't learn it in the classroom, it is not going to make it to the practice field (paraphrase)"  I am sold. He was intelligent and focused.

David Moore was also intelligent, and that is important for a center--if that is where he plays.  He chose the Panthers because the SR Bowl, and Trent Scott, etc.  He is likeable -- I am really pulling for him.  I am noticing a type, and we seem to have brought in very intelligent linemen (Elflein, Brown, Moore, IEving, Christensen).  Spend some time watching their interviews. 

The OL communicates--operate from the same page--say what you want about what they have done at other places, but these guys are sharp.  Not sure about Paradis or Miller--but Moton is very intelligent. 

Learning is a theme here.  These players represent this sentiment--

This interview sold me on Cam Erving:

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Jaycee Horn is massive for a corner. Finally someone that can at least physically match up with Julio (as Atlanta trades him...)

He has a YouTube interview with Patrick Peterson in which he makes it look like he would take Peterson’s lunch money. 

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers coach Matt Rhule got the word from GM Scott Fitterer during Friday's rookie camp session that the league issued a memo saying masks no longer are required for fully vaccinated players, coaches or staff members inside or outside. The reaction? Ten or so of his staff pulled off their masks almost in unison

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I watched the interviews linked here earlier (Thanks Mr. Scot).  I was impressed with D. Brown--not just the weight loss (which shows dedication) but his intensity and seriousness.  He said, "If you don't learn it in the classroom, it is not going to make it to the practice field (paraphrase)"  I am sold. He was intelligent and focused.

David Moore was also intelligent, and that is important for a center--if that is where he plays.  He chose the Panthers because the SR Bowl, and Trent Scott, etc.  He is likeable -- I am really pulling for him.  I am noticing a type, and we seem to have brought in very intelligent linemen (Elflein, Brown, Moore, IEving, Christensen).  Spend some time watching their interviews. 

The OL communicates--operate from the same page--say what you want about what they have done at other places, but these guys are sharp.  Not sure about Paradis or Miller--but Moton is very intelligent. 

Learning is a theme here.  These players represent this sentiment--

This interview sold me on Cam Erving:

Moore took up the whole screen, looked wider than Brown even. I was impressed during the senior bowl where he stoned everyone there including Marvin Wilson. I think was the reason for Wilson not getting draft. Look it up MHS, he bullies fools and they get mad!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I want to see in a couple years Moore at C, Brown at RG, and Moton at LT.  

ROAD GRADERS!!!!

I’m liking the idea of Christensen at LT, Moore at LG, Center (future draft pick/Paradis this year) Brown at RG, Moton at RT

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I’m liking the idea of Christensen at LT, Moore at LG, Center (future draft pick/Paradis this year) Brown at RG, Moton at RT

That might be the future. Elf and Erving will see a large amount of playing time and will hopefully help mentor these young players. Scott/Erving, Elf, Paradis, Miller (rookie could beat him out early), and Moton probably start us off. I’m just excited to have potential and youth on our offensive line. My main concern is LT, but Erving can play it (not very well), Scott was ok there, and Christensen has potential there.
On a side note, Little better play his ass off in practice or he is gone.

• Pie 1