• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Minicamp

Mr. Scot

47 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That might be the future. Elf and Erving will see a large amount of playing time and will hopefully help mentor these young players. Scott/Erving, Elf, Paradis, Miller (rookie could beat him out early), and Moton probably start us off. I’m just excited to have potential and youth on our offensive line. My main concern is LT, but Erving can play it (not very well), Scott was ok there, and Christensen has potential there.
On a side note, Little better play his ass off in practice or he is gone.

I’m expecting Little to not be on the team by the end of the season.  He’s basically shown nothing when he’s on the field and has been injury prone on top of that.  He is baaaaad, and not Michael Jackson bad.  Simply bad.  

if we’re able to get three starting OL from in one draft, especially two of them being 6th round and UDFA, I’ll have a poster of Fitterer’s face made and nail it to the ceiling above my bed.  I’ll go to sleep with a hog mollie smile every night.  The guards are hyped up in my mind but I’m trying to not get my hopes up.

I think Christensen can play LT at this level as well but maybe I have the rose colored glasses on.  The main question with him is arm length.  If he’s fundamentally sound I don’t think it will be a problem.  I’m actually excited about the OL for once

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

Look it up MHS, he bullies fools and they get mad!!

No need.  Your word is gold.

Everyone wants immediate results, and I think this line is WAY better than last year.  Did you notice the Tremble/Christensen combo blocks?  Think we are not going to have answers if he takes a while to develop?  We may not start a rookie week 1, but by mid season, we could have 2-3 in the lineup.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

He is just saying if a 6th round pick doesn’t get playing time or even gets cut, it not that surprising. It really depends on your definition of “bust”. 

Players bust every year. I mean very few teams keep all 7 picks but they also don't draft them with the intentions of cutting them like UDFAs. A better saying is udfas can't bust and that's true. If you draft a guy especially when you're picks are higher in the round you expect at least to keep him on STs. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

David Moore will make this team and will play significant minutes. He may be starting by the end of the year.

Kid is nasty. Still with a truncated preseason we might not see him get to where he needs till mid season.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

Kid is nasty. Still with a truncated preseason we might not see him get to where he needs till mid season.

I know every year there is always a late round pick, or a UDFA that we all jump on. Some years even more than a couple.

But man, these last two years? We can have more than a dozen or more guys making considerable contributions. With more than a few of those being later rounds or more types thrown in there. I can sure live with that.

Say what you want about how we have addressed the QB position. But there is a whole lot more talent than there was just 3 short years ago.

• Pie 4

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I know every year there is always a late round pick, or a UDFA that we all jump on. Some years even more than a couple.

But man, these last two years? We can have more than a dozen or more guys making considerable contributions. With more than a few of those being later rounds or more types thrown in there. I can sure live with that.

Say what you want about how we have addressed the QB position. But there is a whole lot more talent than there was just 3 short years ago.

Helps having a coaching staff that doesn’t stick with failing vets till the end 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1