• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Camp - Day Two

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So....basically a guard.

That was my thought as well...... never going to replace LT...

2 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Not quite,  not the same level of athlete 

Glad to hear that, was worried, seen that thought everywhere. To me its the craziest idea that came form the draft. Yep panthers got a clone of the best overall TE in the third round, suuuuuuurrrreee... Hope hes better than Kittle n' bits, but Im farr tooo much of a realist to go along with that statement 

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think lots of people aren't reading the details of the Kittle comparisons. The comparison is guys who didn't produce much in college that were taken in the mid rounds because they projected well as pros. Both were known as blockers who played more of the H back position than true TE.

Tremble had a higher draft grade than Kittle.

Do y'all read this stuff before reacting?

What the hell. You want me to read and write, plus have some basic understanding of all the positions?

Dude, we can't think that hard....wasted to many brain cells so long ago!!

• Pie 1
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think lots of people aren't reading the details of the Kittle comparisons. The comparison is guys who didn't produce much in college that were taken in the mid rounds because they projected well as pros. Both were known as blockers who played more of the H back position than true TE.

Tremble had a higher draft grade than Kittle.

Do y'all read this stuff before reacting?

quote me, bro. I did read and did understand. I know about projection, still its the same thinking as "QB will be like Tom Brady 2.0" derp derp derpa. You know that Kittle is beyond real odds with how his development took off?? Saying that will happen again is like the same lotto numbers hitting, but it could happen..... But dont mind me, I do honestly hate to bring down panthers fan being over the moon on players. Plus who am I kidding, Ive seen the Brady comp plenty. Kittle 2.78234 confirmed!

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

6 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Hey y'all.  Been forever since I posted here.  Last football season too much of my spare time was focused on Covid  or politics. Football got squeezed out.

Don't really have anything insightful to contribute about rookie mini-camp, but so glad it's happening!!

Make sure to catch Matt Rhule's presser today (and yesterday was good too). He had some fascinating comments about sports science and player evaluation. Basically last year's lack of mini-camp etc. meant that they were still learning about players' abilities when the games counted. I believe it was a huge obstacle for a totally new staff. 

The evaluation process Rhule described today sounds really different from what we typically heard from Ron.  This was the best Rhule presser I've heard...he was just so focused and so beyond just normal coach-speak platitudes. Gave me a much better feel for him, and I liked what I heard.

I missed you!

Great week of huddle seeing SCP and KB fan. 

You should stick around and post more, hope all is well. 

• Pie 4