• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie Camp - Day Two

Mr. Scot

23 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Hey y'all.  Been forever since I posted here.  Last football season too much of my spare time was focused on Covid  or politics. Football got squeezed out.

Don't really have anything insightful to contribute about rookie mini-camp, but so glad it's happening!!

Make sure to catch Matt Rhule's presser today (and yesterday was good too). He had some fascinating comments about sports science and player evaluation. Basically last year's lack of mini-camp etc. meant that they were still learning about players' abilities when the games counted. I believe it was a huge obstacle for a totally new staff. 

The evaluation process Rhule described today sounds really different from what we typically heard from Ron.  This was the best Rhule presser I've heard...he was just so focused and so beyond just normal coach-speak platitudes. Gave me a much better feel for him, and I liked what I heard.

hey girl!  so good to see you back!  You have been missed.  Hope you find the time to post more often.  Missed your stat skills.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I missed you!

Great week of huddle seeing SCP and KB fan. 

You should stick around and post more, hope all is well. 

Thanks! I hope to do that. I may actually be on leave in the US most of the season, so i hope to get to some games and be much more involved!

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I think Tommy needs a little work but this is important for the coaches to see what we can can't do well early enough to make corrections.

Yea I wasn’t impressed with those clips. Lots of work to do as a receiver 

Edited by RJK
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Hey y'all.  Been forever since I posted here.  Last football season too much of my spare time was focused on Covid  or politics. Football got squeezed out.

Don't really have anything insightful to contribute about rookie mini-camp, but so glad it's happening!!

Make sure to catch Matt Rhule's presser today (and yesterday was good too). He had some fascinating comments about sports science and player evaluation. Basically last year's lack of mini-camp etc. meant that they were still learning about players' abilities when the games counted. I believe it was a huge obstacle for a totally new staff. 

The evaluation process Rhule described today sounds really different from what we typically heard from Ron.  This was the best Rhule presser I've heard...he was just so focused and so beyond just normal coach-speak platitudes. Gave me a much better feel for him, and I liked what I heard.

Hi.  Great to see you here.  You have been missed!

Edited by ladypanther
  • Pie 3

5 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Hell yeah. We need some stat nerd backup in here. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

I think lots of people aren't reading the details of the Kittle comparisons. The comparison is guys who didn't produce much in college that were taken in the mid rounds because they projected well as pros. Both were known as blockers who played more of the H back position than true TE.

Tremble had a higher draft grade than Kittle.

Do y'all read this stuff before reacting?

This, actually who gives a poo on comparison? 

7 hours ago, Basbear said:

quote me, bro. I did read and did understand. I know about projection, still its the same thinking as "QB will be like Tom Brady 2.0" derp derp derpa. You know that Kittle is beyond real odds with how his development took off?? Saying that will happen again is like the same lotto numbers hitting, but it could happen..... But dont mind me, I do honestly hate to bring down panthers fan being over the moon on players. Plus who am I kidding, Ive seen the Brady comp plenty. Kittle 2.78234 confirmed!

You mean how some compared Fields to Mahomes? 

I don't think it is a far fetched Idea that Tremble could be compared to Kittle.  As noted, he came from a similar situation and is rated as a better prospect than Kittle coming out of college.  He was also rated as he 2nd best TE coming out of this draft.  (At least on a few of the pundits.)

Every year basically every player coming out of the draft is compared to a current NFL player.  Some pan out to be as advertised.  Some don't.   I'll put my cap on as advertised.

If Brady uses him properly and he shows he was under utilized at ND we could have 5 amazing targets on the field at the same time.  Imagine Moore, Anderson, Marshall, Tremble and CMC going out for passes.  Someone is going to be open or at minimum one on one. 

1 hour ago, Trainwreck said:

After the draft: he’s real athletic and we got a left tackle in the 3rd that we were going to take in the 2nd

After the first two days of minicamp: he’s an elite guard

After 2 years of not being on the field

We read Marty Hurneys report by mistake

Hope i'm wrong but he does look like a Hurney pick

Edited by DCR
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, KB_fan said:

Heck, seeing @KB_fan back already makes this season better than last!

• Pie 3

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, amazing how that works.

I mean they've no idea yet.

It's not like he's lined up across from Burns and been roasted. He's going through basic drills and undergoing the start of the offensive gameplan install.

They'll know what they have in August. And I'd take an elite G any day of the week if that's what he turns into.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2