• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.Watson are we still interested ?

Leotiger

3 hours ago, Leotiger said:

We got Donald, but In theory Watson settles these issues.. and have no more bad will on him then Big Ben had back in the day… Tho society has been alittle more “woke”. I don’t think the league punishes him if he does settle out of court with no police or criminal charge attached to it.. with that said and if the deal is right.. would you push for the trade  and or be okay with Watson starting the 21-22 season for the panthers  ??

giphy.gif

It's a good situation for us.  Watson will most likely be suspended all or most of 2021.  IMO if he is suspended and stays out for the whole year he paid his price and should have an opportunity to play again. 

I am fully onboard the Darnold experiment.  I think he is going to do well and make this a mute point.

BUT, If he does fail we have done very well in putting all the elements on the field to give a player like Watson a chance to step in and put us in the Super Bowl.

In short, If Darnold fails.  We'll be interested.

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It's a good situation for us.  Watson will most likely be suspended all or most of 2021.  IMO if he is suspended and stays out for the whole year he paid his price and should have an opportunity to play again. 

I am fully onboard the Darnold experiment.  I think he is going to do well and make this a mute point.

BUT, If he does fail we have done very well in putting all the elements on the field to give a player like Watson a chance to step in and put us in the Super Bowl.

In short, If Darnold fails.  We'll be interested.

Wouldn't count on that.

For one, barring a spectacular fail, I expect Darnold starts the next two years.

But if it turns out he isn't the guy, I think we'll look to the draft for our next option.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Okay top dawg, we get it.

You'd be willing to look the other way.

Others won't, though.

And others will.

It's not about what I'd do. Like I said, if it is up to me, Sam Darnold makes our interest in Watson a footnote in NFL trivia. And, I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it 

Edited by top dawg

Probably not until next offseason, provided another team doesn't get him first. 

At this rate, the smartest move he could probably make is to play this season a day ball out. If he does that and is relatively contrite about the situation, people will eventually be less pissed off. 

If he is available for our QB search next offseason, I wouldn't be surprised to see us involved.

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

It appears that, ironically, Colin Kaepernick was the only untouchable 'offender" of note in NFL history, so whatever...

That's not true. it's been reported that he was offered a contact by Denver.

John Elway: Colin Kaepernick 'Had His Chance to Be Here,' Was Offered Contract | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

"

Denver Broncos general manager John Elway said Thursday that free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick had an opportunity to sign with the team.

According to NFL Network's James Palmer, Elway said, "Colin had his chance to be here. We offered him a contract."

In 2016, Elway told reporters that the Broncos had made an offer to Kaepernick. According to CSN Bay Area's Mindi Bach, the contract would have paid Kaepernick $7 million per season over two seasons."

He also had chances with both Baltimore and Seattle.

"The Baltimore Ravens held talks with Kaepernick last year, and the Seattle Seahawks scheduled a workout with him in April, but it was postponed."

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Watson is an horny idiot. Buzbee is a shady attorney like the rest of them in this world. All the women are gold digging liars. 

What guy isn't a horny dumb ass at one time or another in his life? I like cracking Watson jokes as well but I guess when it comes down to it males make dumb decisions when it comes to the potential for some ass. This is coming from the idea of course that I don't believe he actually raped anyone or forced himself upon anyione. Did he whip his wwsel out and probably do some stupid stuff with it in front of legit massage therapists? Yep I think so and he was an idiot but if he could keep from doing anything stupid again and stay out of trouble after his suspension if the price tag was much lower I would take him. He can certainly play there's no doubt about that.

Edited by YourLastThought

Folks--the Panthers are a BRAND.  No person, no win is worth tarnishing the BRAND.  "It's just business."  Investors, PSL sales, your impact in the community (which leads to tax dollars for stadiums, etc in a small market)--what more do you need?  If he were to undergo therapy for a year, publicly apologize, etc.  maybe then, but I would vote against it.

Think Subway and Jared. 

Something that would never happen:

Hardees:  "All we have is that stupid star for a mascot.  What about Jared?  He is young and was great selling subs...."

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1