• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.Watson are we still interested ?

Leotiger

2 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

If we wanted Watson, we would’ve drafted Justin Fields. We got some stupid people running the show here in CLT. Give Teddy 60 million but pass on a young QB with elite potential that has done nothing but win in his lifetime. 

Your name checks out.

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Why do at least two articles say that he started kneeling after the Denver talks? 

Why do you think the NFL settled with him if he wasn't being blackballed by the league?

Furthermore, this thread isn't even really about Kap. That was an aside that apparently triggered some feelings (and rightfully so...).

His protests began in August of 2016.

The last thing I remember about Kaep is that stunt he pulled with the film crew.  

The NFL is a better place without him, imo.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

It’s football, not Sunday morning choir. Winning is the only thing that matters. I don’t care what the Twittersphere thinks of the team

This isn't a videogame, Smitty.

This is real life and Tepper has got to worry about his Overall BUSINESS before deciding to just throw caution to the wind and risk it all for one troubled man.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

23 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

It’s football, not Sunday morning choir. Winning is the only thing that matters. I don’t care what the Twittersphere thinks of the team

This is a bit hypocritical because I would wager that you have more experience in choir and twitter than you do an NFL locker room.  3 hours on the field for 17 Sundays is a small amount of time.  As I mentioned earlier--the team has a brand--and the people you support and hire reflect your values.  Your friends do, your wife does, even your place of employment.  So save the chest pounding.  We all know the game and nobody has annointed you as the sage of all that is the NFL.  We understand winning, but some do it with character within a system.  If you don't understand the importance of character in the process of developing a WINNING culture,  you are likely to not understand these points--so bye.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

49 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is a bit hypocritical because I would wager that you have more experience in choir and twitter than you do an NFL locker room.  3 hours on the field for 17 Sundays is a small amount of time.  As I mentioned earlier--the team has a brand--and the people you support and hire reflect your values.  Your friends do, your wife does, even your place of employment.  So save the chest pounding.  We all know the game and nobody has annointed you as the sage of all that is the NFL.  We understand winning, but some do it with character within a system.  If you don't understand the importance of character in the process of developing a WINNING culture,  you are likely to not understand these points--so bye.

He thinks to treat this like he was playing Madden '21 where there is no real-life consequences for actions, only him playing the game.  

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

This sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Wins and losses are ALWAYS the bottom line, especially in professional sports. Do you think the “brand” would suffer if the Panthers won three Super Bowls with an elite QB who had questionable sexual encounters with women who willingly met up with him? I do not. 

42 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

He thinks to treat this like he was playing Madden '21 where there is no real-life consequences for actions, only him playing the game.  

Did the Steelers’ brand suffer from Ben Roethlisberger? Did the Ravens’ brand suffer from Ray Lewis? Hell, did the Eagles’ brand even suffer from Mike Vick? 

No one cares about “character” if you’re winning. Also, Watson has actually been very good to the Houston community, for what it’s worth. He definitely made some mistakes, but they look closer to meeting up with prostitutes than they do sexual assault at this point. 

43 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

This sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Wins and losses are ALWAYS the bottom line, especially in professional sports. Do you think the “brand” would suffer if the Panthers won three Super Bowls with an elite QB who had questionable sexual encounters with women who willingly met up with him? I do not. 

It absolutely depends on if the player who is bringing the off field issues can win over the locker room and the team can get by the PR nightmare. Things are a lot different now and rightfully so. What if an established vet like CMC has an issue with Watson’s allegations? Also social media is going to probably crucify whatever team acquires Watson. Some players/owners/staff don’t want that distraction even if it is for a player of his caliber.  Ray rice never bounced back from his off field issue, Greg Hardy couldn’t make his comeback. The game is just as much mental as physical. Watson has always operated with a clean image, it will be interesting to see how and if he plays with these skeletons out of his closet.

• Beer 1