• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.Watson are we still interested ?

Leotiger

5 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

If we wanted Watson, we would’ve drafted Justin Fields. We got some stupid people running the show here in CLT. Give Teddy 60 million but pass on a young QB with elite potential that has done nothing but win in his lifetime. 

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

• Pie 1

Well Train is right about the "young QB that has done nothing" part. 

I mean the NFL is a completely different beast.

The thing that puts Sam above Fields is there is no growing pains where he has to get used to the speed of the game or some sh-t like that.  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, glenwo2 said:

Well Train is right about the "young QB that has done nothing" part. 

I mean the NFL is a completely different beast.

I think it was a mistake passing on him, but what do I know? Anyway, hopefully Darnold will work out and it won’t matter.

23 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hes Right GIF by MOODMAN

Not really. The smart FO doesn't scout players in a bubble. What I am hearing from him is that, "I'm butthurt that they chose Darnold over Fields." Darnold won in college too. Moreover, to compare Fields who ain't done sh¡t in the pros to Deshaun Watson sounds a little crazy & nonsensically wishful at this point.

Edited by top dawg

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

That was one offer. Now you have boocoo women who have piled on. It's night and day with so many more layers and it's potentially problematic for both sides.

I think there were 3 cases at the time of the initial settlement overture...

...had Watson & Co hit the bid the other 37 probably would have never known.

It would be interesting to know how things are within the Watson "camp".

When the initial 3 case overture hit the mailbox Deshaun's agent/advisors surely discussed the situation and asked that he come clean so as to give him the most proper advice --- pretty clear now that he completely bullshitted them and the initial strategy was wholly inappropriate.

So when he settles what prevents others from then coming forward?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

This sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Wins and losses are ALWAYS the bottom line, especially in professional sports. Do you think the “brand” would suffer if the Panthers won three Super Bowls with an elite QB who had questionable sexual encounters with women who willingly met up with him? I do not. 

Roethlisberger seems to meet the description you have laid out....

....you down with him?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

4 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Was the game too fast for Herbert or Burrow last year? Nope.

What the fk kind of comparison is that?

Put Herbert or Burrow on the Jets (and put Sam on either of their teams) and you'd end up saying :

"Was the game too fast for Darnold or Burrow (or Darnold or Herbert) last year? Nope."

So spare me your smartass remarks.   

• Poo 1

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

Not really. The smart FO doesn't scout players in a bubble. What I am hearing from him is that, "I'm butthurt that they chose Darnold over Fields." Darnold won in college too. Moreover, to compare Fields who ain't done sh¡t in the pros to Deshaun Watson sounds a little crazy & nonsensically wishful at this point.

I just think Fields is going to be good that’s all. Hopefully Darnold will too and it won’t matter!

8 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m not butt hurt that they chose Darnold over Fields. I like Darnold. I want competition. Play the odd especially when Fields falls into your lap. If Darnold is the answer then you can trade Fields for a fortune later. If not, you have Fields. You’re butt hurt because you can’t handle the truth. 

The truth? The truth is that it is what it is. The coaches and GM likely believe that either Darnold is a better overall answer than Fields, and they surely believe the team will be in a better overall position with Darnold and Horn than Darnold and Fields.

We weren't the only QB needy team that passed on Fields, so several organizations didn't believe in him enough to draft him. 

That's the truth, period! Handle it!

Edited by top dawg

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

character matters. always.

...and I'm sure there are a lot of women in the organization and wives of coaches and players that would have an opinion on the matter as well.   

Sorry, I would not take him if we got him for free.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

This sounds like a bunch of nonsense. Wins and losses are ALWAYS the bottom line, especially in professional sports. Do you think the “brand” would suffer if the Panthers won three Super Bowls with an elite QB who had questionable sexual encounters with women who willingly met up with him? I do not. 

If you value character, you value its impact on your life, your family, your spheres of influence.  You described a situation after you used the word "if" that is not aligned with success in the NFL.  And cultural problems--bad locker rooms, bad publicity (answering questions about the crap every time there is a presser) wears you down.  Don't mock the "brand".  Your name should mean something to you because in a word it summarizes all you are about--it is all you have, if you think about it.  If you do not value it, if you do not think character and pride and winning are connected, hit "reset" and try again.