• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.Watson are we still interested ?

Leotiger

I Think Watson will be so happy if this blows over and the League lets him play that there won't be a trade because he'll agree to stay in Houston for at least one more year. Houston really won't let him go unless he "holds out" or refuses to play (which would not help his stock either).

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

What the fk kind of comparison is that?

Put Herbert or Burrow on the Jets (and put Sam on either of their teams) and you'd end up saying :

"Was the game too fast for Darnold or Burrow (or Darnold or Herbert) last year? Nope."

So spare me your smartass remarks.   

I mean, Joe Burrow did go to the Cincinnati Bengals.    

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

FWIW, apparently Peter King thinks we're still frontrunners (along with Philly).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.com/more/top-stories/2-teams-reportedly-frontrunners-deshaun-watson/amp

For the same reason as before, because he thinks David Tepper will make it happen (also why he thought we'd draft Fields).

Since we've now learned that Tepper isn't involved in football decisions, I'm not buying it.

Honestly at this point, I'm not sure we were ever as "all in" on Watson as people thought. The behind the scenes stuff regarding the Darnold deal makes it sound like that whole thing was vastly overblown.

Edited by Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For the same reason as before, because he thinks David Tepper will make it happen (also why he thought we'd draft Fields).

Since we've now learned that Tepper isn't involved in football decisions, I'm not buying it.

Honestly at this point, I'm not sure we were ever as "all in" on Watson as people thought. The behind the scenes stuff regarding the Darnold deal makes it sound like that whole thing was vastly overblown.

I wouldn't put my money on a statement like that.  

He didn't trump his brand new GM on a pick.  That doesn't exactly mean Tepper isn't going to be involved or ever overrule the folks here. 

*not talking Watson here.  Just Tepper going forward. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wouldn't put my money on a statement like that.  

He didn't trump his brand new GM on a pick.  That doesn't exactly mean Tepper isn't going to be involved or ever overrule the folks here. 

*not talking Watson here.  Just Tepper going forward. 

I would, because Matt Rhule said so.

Heck, so did Tepper himself when he hired Fitterer.

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Roethlisberger seems to meet the description you have laid out....

....you down with him?

Not now, but solely because he's old and declining. In his prime, absolutely. He was championship caliber QB. You'd have to be a moron to say you wouldn't want Prime Big Ben as your QB.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I would, because Matt Rhule said so.

Heck, so did Tepper himself when he hired Fitterer.

It's the NFL.  It's front offices saying what they say.   And it's the honeymoon phase on top of that. 

• Pie 2

And I'll leave this here too. Some Huddlers want to think this is a black and white issue and that Watson is guilty as sin. That's called rushing to judgment. I've tried to communicate to y'all that this case is problematic from both sides, likely because people on both sides don't want everything to come out because there are plenty of skeletons in closets here.

• Beer 1

Please do not try and get back into the Watson sweepstakes. If any of the accusations are true, I would not let him lead our team. If they are not true and he is innocent, we have no business giving up multiple draft picks and players for ONE guy.  Players on rookie contract are very valuable. If you have great scouts and a great GM, you can find another Watson.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

It's the NFL.  It's front offices saying what they say.   And it's the honeymoon phase on top of that. 

Tepper wanted Fields.

We didn't take him.

Those aren't just words. That's reality.

You can continue to cling to a hope that what you want to happen will happen, but I just don't see it.

Make no mistake, Watson is likely guilty of some very tawdry behavior, but in the eyes of the criminal law, he may just be guilty of being a dumbass. That being the possible case, then you have to determine if he's worth the trouble (which someone will), then it becomes a question as to whether he's learned his lesson, and the issues of acknowledgement of misjudgment, a degree of wrongdoing, repentance and redemption may begin to arise.

• Pie 1