• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This team went from exciting to nothing but a mirage and has thoroughly pissed me off...

Proudiddy

Over the last month or so, we completely folded.  And I dont want to hear any poo about Borrego being a good coach.  He is our fuging basketball version of Ron Rivera.  If the game is of consequence, we are fuging blowing it.  We are never prepared when it matters and his rotations are still beyond mindless.  We all came to justify we had to overpay for Hayward to get any B+ player to come here, and initially the returns looked good...  but, here we are, as we came down the home stretch needing just to win a game or two to secure at least two playoff games, and where was he?  Sitting in his fuging street clothes on the sideline, where he usually is and has been his career.  Completely useless.  Your best ability is availability, and he has none.  We went from 4th fuging place to completely flaming out to 10th.  If this had been any previous year, we would have completely been out of the playoffs altogether, but now thanks to the new play-in games, we get the opportunity to embarrass ourself on national TV and play one meaningless game and go sit home with everyone else.  

To say the last month has been deflating is an understatement.  I understand the injuries and Miles going into protocol were tough hands to be dealt, but we had everyone back but Hayward the last two games and still lost, and today, we took a death blow from fuging Ish Smith.  ISH SMITH.  ISH.  SMITH.  It's a fuging joke, and there is absolutely no excuse for it.  And I love Melo, and the wrist injury was unfortunate so I won't be too hard on him, but he definitely has not been the same player since coming back and is clearly still favoring the wrist.  His shooting has went to absolute poo and it has hurt his game tremendously.

Also, I'm fuging tired for PJ.  How do you go from being able to score 40+ points in a game against SAC before the Allstar break, to falling off the fuging face of the Earth since.  And today, in clutch moments, he was called for a travel two different times and missed two wide open threes before being benched.  He is ridiculously inconsistent and unreliable, and I've had it.  It's like he just doesn't give a poo...  he's always laughing and poo in clutch moments like win or lose, it means nothing to him.  I'm tired of dude.

And finally, if we don't go all in to find a legit offensive threat of a big man this offseason with ability to at least switch on defense, I will fuging lose my poo.  We have ignored the need for almost the entirety of our history since our franchise's reincarnation, and time and time again, it bites us in the ass...  so, instead of addressing it, we were busy swinging deals for Brad fuging Wanamaker in an already crowded backcourt at the deadline.  For all the great things Mitch has done so far, ignoring the need at the big spot has severely handicapped us and is constantly costing us games.  I love Cody as a locker room guy, but he is a liability.  And same for Biz, except even more so.  He can't stretch the floor on offense and is unreliable near the rim as well.  He is constantly getting bullied and beat up defensively.  And then Biz has hands of stone on offense to the point teams don't even defend him.  It is so fuging frustrating to watch.

Anyway, sorry...  I just had to vent.  This poo has been unbearable for the last month and I'm really not seeing how we quickly turnaround from losing out on the 8th seed and a guaranteed 2 games, to 10th and facing a possibly one and done.  The way we completely tanked to end the year, I just don't see how we can turn the momentum back around and for all the good we did this year, it just feels like it was all for naught.

I'm hoping for the best, but expect to lose Tuesday...  I just don't believe in Borrego.  I like him as a person,, and don't get me wrong, he's better than any coach we've had since we got a team back, but he is literally the basketball version of Ron Rivera lol, which is why I don't expect a great effort Tuesday.  I want him to prove me wrong, I desperately do, but we controlled our own fate and completely bombed.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, ncstatekwi said:

It’s about that 4th Quarter!  Give these guys some preworkout in the 4th!!  Lol!!

True, but what has made this stretch so unbearable for me is that it's not just the 4th quarter of games we folded in, it was the 4th quarter of the season.  When we needed it most and when it mattered, we just fell apart.

• Pie 2

Borrego had this team looking like one of the best in the NBA the first half of the season so I will give him the opportunity to show me more but he can't make these baskets for them. If there were ever a time to show there is a clutch gene now would be it for a franchise in such desperate need of some semblance of postseason success. Miles Terry and Lamelo are the core to build around. Gordon could be too but it just does not look like he is going to break the career trend of getting injured and missing significant playing time. From there everything else should be wide open.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Borrego had this team looking like one of the best in the NBA the first half of the season so I will give him the opportunity to show me more but he can't make these baskets for them. If there were ever a time to show there is a clutch gene now would be it for a franchise in such desperate need of some semblance of postseason success. Miles Terry and Lamelo are the core to build around. Gordon could be too but it just does not look like he is going to break the career trend of getting injured and missing significant playing time. From there everything else should be wide open.

I would keep DeVonte also.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

37 minutes ago, dpanther69 said:

I would keep DeVonte also.

I'm on the fence. I am a fan of Devonte but those missed three pointers the past two games at the end are going to linger for awhile. If you want to be the guy you have to make them count. We let Kemba walk and he made countless clutch baskets for us but we never won anything of meaning I'm not going to hand anyone anything just for being a fan favorite.

• Pie 1

Two games in a row now we've had the chance to win and both were bad 3s chucked up by Tae.  I like JB but lately don't understand his rotations.  We got owned by Robin fukin Lopez in the paint today.  Scott Brooks should have been fired if he didn't play Lopez down the stretch because in his limited first half minutes he dominated us with his "prehistoric" post moves.  It's pathetic but there's not a big in this league that Cody or Biz can stop.  We're toast this season and got as far as we could with young athletes and shitty injuries, but if we don't get creative with a Center solution in the offseason then we're not going to improve, period.

Next year I have a feeling LaMelo will be handed the keys. A healthy Lamelo would be shooting, driving instead of constantly kicking it out.

Terry is spent. This was his Superbowl season. He deserves his contract.

Graham is just trying to fill in as a #1 scoring option and he shouldn't be, but he is being asked to.

PJ can be that guy but does he want to be that guy? Miles does, no question.

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Next year I have a feeling LaMelo will be handed the keys. A healthy Lamelo would be shooting, driving instead of constantly kicking it out.

Terry is spent. This was his Superbowl season. He deserves his contract.

Graham is just trying to fill in as a #1 scoring option and he shouldn't be, but he is being asked to.

PJ can be that guy but does he want to be that guy? Miles does, no question.

Just hope melo can learn to make shots & guard anybody...he has just killed us down the stretch, bad enough that coach didn’t even play him late in yesterday’s game

I'm not totally on the "fire borrego" boat since to be fair he was coaching with injuries the 2nd half of the season.

However, if he can't produce anything substantive for next season while the team still faces problems like collapsing in the 4th and constantly trying to heroball during tight games then he needs to be pink slipped. He feels like the Hornets version of Ron Rivera in all the wrong ways as well.

Edited by NeederNodder

39 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Two games in a row now we've had the chance to win and both were bad 3s chucked up by Tae.  I like JB but lately don't understand his rotations.  We got owned by Robin fukin Lopez in the paint today.  Scott Brooks should have been fired if he didn't play Lopez down the stretch because in his limited first half minutes he dominated us with his "prehistoric" post moves.  It's pathetic but there's not a big in this league that Cody or Biz can stop.  We're toast this season and got as far as we could with young athletes and shitty injuries, but if we don't get creative with a Center solution in the offseason then we're not going to improve, period.

Just as bad is that we have zero offense inside...we are shooting close to 50 threes because that is all we have

PJ as a power forward should be giving us some of that on the boards but he doesn’t play tough enough

offensive rebounds are a joke, but I will say it’s tougher because many of the threes we shoot end up bricks come off long

3 minutes ago, NeederNodder said:

I'm not totally on the "fire borrego" boat since to be fair he was coaching with injuries the 2nd half of the season.

However, if he can't produce anything substantive for next season while the team still faces problems like collapsing in the 4th and constantly trying to heroball during tight games then he needs to be pink slipped. He feels like the Hornets version of Ron Rivera in all the wrong ways as well.

Hard to blame this on coach...he had no players...lost Hayward for the season, melo and monk might as well have been, especially monk, then lost bridges down the stretch for ridiculous league policy, devonte and PJ were both in & out, and then even lost the Martin’s 

and we have zero inside game of any kind

with all that, we still should have won both the games this weekend, players again had shots in both games to win them

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

Just hope melo can learn to make shots & guard anybody...he has just killed us down the stretch, bad enough that coach didn’t even play him late in yesterday’s game

Not the same player as before the wrist. Before the wrist, All-star, ROY. After, just a mortal. He's not 100%. He's protecting that wrist and it shows. He had 0 problem scoring before, it's clearly bothering him.

If he was on a stacked playoff contender he could have come back gently but since the talent doesn't always show up night in night out, and you have absolutely nobody who stays hot aside from Terry and Miles, the kid had to suck it up and play.

Jordan would often hide injuries so opponents wouldn't target them. 

He'll be back to himself next season, stronger physically and wiser. 

We obviously need to add another scorer with Gordon being a ? and PJ and Monk being so inconsistent.

• Pie 4