• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs Round One: Predators Vs. Hurricanes Series Thread

Harbingers

12 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

If the Canes can win one of the next 2, Slavin can take the rest of the series off and hopefully be ready for the next round.

LaJoie a -25 in one season? Sheesh.... but I, for one, am not a big fan of this stat as it really doesn't take into account a lot of "what if's."

I have a feeling the hardest push we see from Nashville will be tonight, If we win tonight I think we finish them off in four.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, zacka77ack said:

3 straight for Ned? I’m here for it until he proves otherwise.

I’m down with it. It’s the playoffs now. Plus the last time we tried to have him go three in a row 2 two were back to back. I think win or lose we may see Mrazek tomorrow. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I have a feeling the hardest push we see from Nashville will be tonight, If we win tonight I think we finish them off in four.

Ya, with the fans there tonight and their grasp on the series slipping fast we are going to have to play fast and hard tonight. Use their chippiness against them. 

The last time we were there we weren’t playing at 100% for sure and not even close the following game. Now we have 2/3 of our real fourth line back which so far as frustrated their “Herd” line to all hell. It’ll be interesting to see how they match up now though since they have last change. 

Score early and keep pounding the Fug out of them with legit hits are going to be our keys, once we get into the second period start playing our grind game and don’t let up. 

On the bright side Lajoie looked fine. I still think if Slavin is a go we bench Bean for him for a game or two. But in that scenario I expect it to be Skjei. I don’t know who we’d put in to replace Pesce though. We don’t have another righty I don’t think. 

• Pie 1