• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee working.

14 hours ago, Michael G said:

I watched it also and don't think he was the best player there by any stretch, but he shouldn't be. He's a Rookie training with some of the League's best established veterans. I was encouraged because he seemed to listen to coaching, which means he will get better and learn and that's about as good as you can ask for IMO.

Yeah, I think it was obvious he was there working to be what those guys were. Hence the mistakes he was making and the trainer correcting him.

The point being, he is learning what it takes to be a professional. Putting that kind of work into perfecting your craft and especially around elite CB's and NFL starters is exactly that. Really, the biggest advantage of Horn is probably being Joe Horn's son. I have zero doubt that he preached how much work it takes to become a professional. The hope is that accelerates his learning curve a lot. 

I expect Jaycee to get beat by some of these elite guys we have in the division early but perhaps only for a season or two. 

This was very exciting to see and I will give a counter example, that being the clip we saw of Jackson losing his cool a couple of seasons ago while getting coached/advised. I am glad to see Horn is already doing NFL veteran things rather than thinking they already have this figured out or are good enough as is.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I think it was obvious he was there working to be what those guys were. Hence the mistakes he was making and the trainer correcting him.

The point being, he is learning what it takes to be a professional. Putting that kind of work into perfecting your craft and especially around elite CB's and NFL starters is exactly that. Really, the biggest advantage of Horn is probably being Joe Horn's son. I have zero doubt that he preached how much work it takes to become a professional. The hope is that accelerates his learning curve a lot. 

I expect Jaycee to get beat by some of these elite guys we have in the division early but perhaps only for a season or two. 

This was very exciting to see and I will give a counter example, that being the clip we saw of Jackson losing his cool a couple of seasons ago while getting coached/advised. I am glad to see Horn is already doing NFL veteran things rather than thinking they already have this figured out or are good enough as is.

I'm pretty sure his dad instilled a great work ethic in him.

Joe was working at a fast food restaurant here in Fayetteville before he got his chance.

He went from that to being one of the top WRs in the league for a couple of seasons.

• Beer 1

Something that I think is also getting overlooked is this guys confidence. He doesn’t seem out of place in this video. He is working out with the leagues very best and he hasn’t even had a training camp yet. For most young men coming into the league this would be a little intimidating. Making a mistake, getting tired etc is all intimidating. But this guy just looks comfortable. He has star written all over him.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Something that I think is also getting overlooked is this guys confidence. He doesn’t seem out of place in this video. He is working out with the leagues very best and he hasn’t even had a training camp yet. For most young men coming into the league this would be a little intimidating. Making a mistake, getting tired etc is all intimidating. But this guy just looks comfortable. He has star written all over him.

Well, he also grew up around it. That sort of normalizes it.

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That's interesting. I would have thought it would have been more than that.

Yeah they asked him after his first trip to Carolina what it was like walking on the field for the first time. 

Then someone asked if he grew up around the guys in the locker rooms with his dad and he said he only went to a couple practices with him growing up and was only in the locker room twice as a kid.

I was really surprised as well. He definitely instilled a competitive nature in him but it didn’t sound like he grew up around it much from what I heard. But who knows? He didn’t have a typical childhood with his dad being a pro bowl receiver either so your point remains valid haha 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1

On 5/17/2021 at 9:44 AM, Black&BlueBubba said:

It’s slow news day so I thought I would just throw something up for you guys to watch. 
JC is working out with some other CB’s in the league.  
He will have some up and downs his first year but his future is bright. 

AFTER 15 YEARS OF SOFT ZONE I AM SO PUMPED TO WATCH SOME PRESS MAN COVERAGE!!!!!

Jaycee is one big, tall Cornerback.     Didn't realize he was this big.

BTW, Noah Igbinoghene looks like he could be a Pro-Wrestler.  lol.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

22 hours ago, ECHornet said:

You heard the coach mention his size. He’s bigger than everyone there and doesn’t look out of place with his agility. That’s impressive. 

That Noah guy in the vid (with the Sunglasses and the shirt off) looks like a Pro-wrestler, though.  lol

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1