• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Carolina Hurricanes Game Thread

Harbingers

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

Hopefully power play will be better Wednesday. We let the Panthers hang around way too long.

Predators? 

We do need to get better on the PP. Nedeljkovic hopefully got the playoff jitters out. Did great in his first playoff appearance 

• Pie 5

Good game all around. Canes matched the physicality of the Preds and would expect more of the same Wednesday night. Slavin and Pesce played damn good D last night, although when Nashville got deep in their offensive zone, the Canes were a little sloppy more than once, unable to clear and having some pretty long shifts. Their first goal by Forsberg was terrible D- weak side help was late and he strolled thru the middle of the ice.

On a positive note, the usuals were there and the young guys stood their ground- Lorentz- oh my. Guys were laying the lumber last night and Hak... geez, how he has fit right into this squad. Just wait until Cedric Pacquette returns with some more grit.

The penalty kill is as good as ever but the PP is having issues again.

Vincent Trocheck was seen on the side of a milk carton- anybody seen him lately?

• Pie 3

Just now, Harbingers said:

Ya I caught a bit of that one and it was depressing. I don’t know Modern basketball at all but that team had zero cohesion. 

They also went into the playoffs on a hellacious slump. Injuries piled up in the second half of the season and that destroyed the chemistry they had early in the year.

• Pie 2