• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Carolina Hurricanes Game Thread

Harbingers

Its been crazy seeing these guys grow. Tom Dundon, Rod Brindamour, and Don Waddell deserve so much respect for turning the ship around and getting us here. 

It's so refreshing following a team that actually grows, develops, and learns from mistakes. At this point I want to face the Bruins to exorcise those demons. I don't think the Hurricanes would get bullied anymore.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m a Colorado Avalanche guy but I do pull for the local boys when they aren’t playing each other. 

I’ve really been hoping for an Av’s-Cane’s cup final this year even with the Av’s home ice advantage in that scenario. I think it would be pretty damn epic. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

Its been crazy seeing these guys grow. Tom Dundon, Rod Brindamour, and Don Waddell deserve so much respect for turning the ship around and getting us here. 

It's so refreshing following a team that actually grows, develops, and learns from mistakes. At this point I want to face the Bruins to exorcise those demons. I don't think the Hurricanes would get bullied anymore.

Not bullied for sure, though I won’t trust any  NHL officiating crew that steps on the ice for a Boston/Carolina playoff series for a long time. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 2

12 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

The Caps vs. Bruins series is great because it removes one of the only two remaining teams I hate.

I don't even care about facing either of them. Just let them lose.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Not bullied for sure, though I won’t trust any  NHL officiating crew that steps on the ice for a Boston/Carolina playoff series for a long time. 

Yeah, not scared of Boston's team at all, their team isn't that good any more, we've become significantly better this season with our forward depth and then most importantly Ned has stepped up as a borderline elite goalie right now. But the refs being in Boston's pocket definitely make it a series I'd like to avoid. Although that also goes for the Penguins, Leafs, etc. If we can beat the Lightning next round, it would be nice to have another Islanders matchup...

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah, not scared of Boston's team at all, their team isn't that good any more, we've become significantly better this season with our forward depth and then most importantly Ned has stepped up as a borderline elite goalie right now. But the refs being in Boston's pocket definitely make it a series I'd like to avoid. Although that also goes for the Penguins, Leafs, etc. If we can beat the Lightning next round, it would be nice to have another Islanders matchup...

Agreed about any series vs. Boston, Pittsburgh or Tampa Bay with regard to the refs.  I don't see it as much with the Leafs, but put into a potential series with them to go to the Cup Finals and the refs probably do tilt to Toronto.

Basically the Canes need to leave no doubt about who is going to win by playing timid, passive aggressive hockey.  If we go out there and play our game then the refs can't decide it....

• Pie 2