• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Time Favorite JAG (Just a Guy)

CanadianCat

12 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

I have to go with Moose.

Dude Moose is probably our 2nd best WR in franchise history. He’s in my top 10 favorite Panthers of all time. 

I love the man but he’s definitely not a JAG. I get many of us are throwing around makes that may not be JAGs (myself included) but Moose was pretty elite at his position. He was a legit #1 but we just happened to have Smitty. an all time great, while Moose was with us 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

There are a lot of people here who don't really understand what a JAG is.

Yeah, to me a JAG is a backup or a short-term starter who should probably be a backup who is only starting because we lack talent at the position. Due to the salary cap, every team has some JAG starters but those guys aren't starting for 3+ years.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, to me a JAG is a backup or a short-term starter who should probably be a backup who is only starting because we lack talent at the position. Due to the salary cap, every team has some JAG starters but those guys aren't starting for 3+ years.

Agreed. Anyone who starts for a long time isn't a JAG. A JAG will bounce around the league or are fixtures as backups on a team or special teams before they are out of the league. 

Quite a few of the guys mentioned are not JAGS at all.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Dude Moose is probably our 2nd best WR in franchise history. He’s in my top 10 favorite Panthers of all time. 

I love the man but he’s definitely not a JAG. I get many of us are throwing around makes that may not be JAGs (myself included) but Moose was pretty elite at his position. He was a legit #1 but we just happened to have Smitty. an all time great, while Moose was with us 

There's no probably. There's no one else in the discussion yet. Moore should put himself in that conversation pretty soon though.

Smitty #1 and Moose #2 at WR is as set in stone currently as Cam #1 and Jake #2 at QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's no probably. There's no one else in the discussion yet. Moore should put himself in that conversation pretty soon though.

Smitty #1 and Moose #2 at WR is as set in stone currently as Cam #1 and Jake #2 at QB.

Maybe you forgot about Armanti Edwards and Bersin...

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah I agree. I said probably only because DJ could pass him one day and if you wanted to say Keyshawn Johnson was a better WR over his career (which even that might be debatable) but as a pure Panther so far, nobody comes close to Moose for #2

Nick Goings and it isn't close.  He was 4th on the depth chart in 2004 and ended up averaging 100+ yards a game for the last 8 games of the season. And in 2005 played a big part in our playoffs before he got hurt in NFC championship.   Then he hardly ever saw a snap again. 

• Pie 2