• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Time Favorite JAG (Just a Guy)

CanadianCat

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I agree. I said probably only because DJ could pass him one day and if you wanted to say Keyshawn Johnson was a better WR over his career (which even that might be debatable) but as a pure Panther so far, nobody comes close to Moose for #2

Moore should pass him eventually as long as he stays healthy and we re-sign him.

But I don't know if Moore will ever have a single season that matches Moose's best. A lot of people kinda act like Moose and Jake were just products of Smitty but that requires them to overlook that both of them actually had their career best years the year Smitty broke his arm in the first game of the year. Moose had 1400+ yards and 16 TDs that year while Jake threw for just shy of 4000 yards and 29 TDs.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

IMO guys like Hoover and 'Spoon (and Rucker, Wharton, etc) were not JAGs - they were good, if not great, players in their own right. Not being a household name or having a bigger star around does not automatically relegate someone else to JAG status.

With that said, Nick Goings is my favorite all-time non-star. Dude did his job, whatever it may have been on any given day, and was even able to step up big in 2004. Ended up having a sneaky-long 8-year career here in Carolina, similar to a guy like Karl Hankton. Jordan Carstens the Iowa pig farmer is up there as well.

I agree, Spoon left for big money and in no way was a JAG. Kickass coverage LB. 

• Pie 1

Fricking love this thread. I was considering making one very similar just to remind folks that Al Wallace existed, and our lives were better for it.

Also Nick Goings - Back up full back/4th or 5th string running back who ended up being a starter due to a million injuries and ran for 100 yards in a game.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Who was that crazy special teamer who I believe was on steroids and used to jack people up everytime and was a little crazy. Think his number was like 40 or something. I always try to remember his name but can't. 

But Anthony Johnson was one because it was my neighbors name at the time and Chad Cota for whatever reason

Jarrod Cooper---he is on my list too

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

IMO guys like Hoover and 'Spoon (and Rucker, Wharton, etc) were not JAGs - they were good, if not great, players in their own right. Not being a household name or having a bigger star around does not automatically relegate someone else to JAG status.

Charles Johnson was another guy in this mold. He was good for a long time, and really good several of those years, but never a superstar. He even came back his last few years on a team-friendly deal, leaving money on the table from other teams.

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Charles Johnson was another guy in this mold. He was good for a long time, and really good several of those years, but never a superstar. He even came back his last few years on a team-friendly deal, leaving money on the table from other teams.

Yeah, never a superstar but way more than a JAG. Legit long-term high level starter.

• Pie 1