• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All Time Favorite JAG (Just a Guy)

CanadianCat

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Dante Rosario

Kony Ealy

Melvin White

Charles Godfrey

Richard Marshall

Richard Marshall's career here made no sense to me.  I could never tell if he was good or not.  Him and Gamble were so, so good in 2009, but then Marshall decided to be terrible in 2010 lol

Bersin was crazy on 3rd downs even if it was a travesty how poor WR depth was. 

Rod Smart for the name. 

Goings was legit and made 2004 somewhat bearable. 

Hilee Taylor and Stanley McGlover for  how much debate they generated on here lol

Drew Carter and David Gettis for us praying for them to develop to their potential. 

I remember this camp body named Taye Biddle that people were nuts over. 

A ton of D lineman that people think of ad JAGs but have a ton of weight on the team. Shane Burton, Carstens, Moorehead, Wallace, Lewis etc. 

Marlon McCree started but was JAG quality lol, didn’t go down on INTS and then really blew it when he played for the Chargers. 

Mike Mitchell in a similar vein. 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Bersin was crazy on 3rd downs even if it was a travesty how poor WR depth was. 

Yup! He had that one catch for a crucial 1st down where he basically flipped and landed on his head. Still not sure how he didn't end up in a wheelchair!

Edit: link here

https://www.panthers.com/video/brenton-bersin-17-yard-catch-19947813

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 1

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, to me a JAG is a backup or a short-term starter who should probably be a backup who is only starting because we lack talent at the position. Due to the salary cap, every team has some JAG starters but those guys aren't starting for 3+ years.

By the time he got to us, Jeremy Shockey would fit this category, even though he had a very good career prior to that. Taught Greg the ropes, and made Cam's first year a lot easier. Always loved the way he played, good catcher who looked like he enjoyed hitting people.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Mage said:

Richard Marshall's career here made no sense to me.  I could never tell if he was good or not.  Him and Gamble were so, so good in 2009, but then Marshall decided to be terrible in 2010 lol

Ken Lucas was incredible in 05 and never quite as good after. Was a shame.