• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Rookie Mini Camp 53 man Roster Projection

Michael G

39 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

I thought they expanded to 55 🤔

The rule is kind of weird. I'm don't really get it. It seems Teams can have a 55 man roster on game days but only if they move players up from the practice squad at some point (and all those guys can't be active) and they have to choose who every week by a certain time. So its not really a 55 man roster- as for portions of the week those two guys can be snatched off your practice Squad just like everyone else on the PS. Maybe someone else can clarify this for us, but i think I got it basically right.

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Michael G said:

The rule is kind of weird. I'm don't really get it. It seems Teams can have a 55 man roster on game days but only if they move players up from the practice squad at some point (and all those guys can't be active) and they have to choose who every week by a certain time. So its not really a 55 man roster- as for portions of the week those two guys can be snatched off your practice Squad just like everyone else on the PS. Maybe someone else can clarify this for us, but i think I got it basically right.

Its close and Ill add what I know. PS player can only be 54-55 man 4 times a year. You do not have to add any one and the player doesnt need to active on game day. You can protect 2 players per week, starting Monday(I think it may be TuesdaY?). Not take this to the bank, they have have changed some this year. There where different rules last year for convid reasons, no idea if its change back or new, or ????

• Pie 1

Josh Klein lists Arnold, Tremble, and C. Thompson as the team's TE's. If Ian Thomas is cut then will C. Thompson be the 3rd TE? The other TE's on the roster now include Stephen Sullivan and Giovanni Ricci (a UDFA from last year who was a converted WR). This could be a spot we see Tommy Stevens get some reps too, if he sticks as the 3rd QB and we have injuries later in the year.

3 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

It's ridiculously premature.

I started to post the office gif "That's what she said.." to this but figured it had been used so much in the huddle already....i just didn't.. 

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 2