• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Post Rookie Mini Camp 53 man Roster Projection

Michael G

7 hours ago, rayzor said:

premature, but probably on track.

i do think that the TE3 isn't one that is on the roster yet. we've got tremble and arnold and we'll likely find one that hits FA once other teams start making cuts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that he got 50 of 53 right.  

I like how he didn't list a fullback and Tremble will most likely fill that role when needed.

I totally agree about Little, Grier and Thomas.   Last of the Hurney hopefuls to be cut. 

• Pie 3

Obviously you can't predict who's gonna get injured and stuff.

FYI: In the article referenced in the other thread, Person says he thinks Ian Thomas has a good shot at making it.

I expect a lot of people will disagree.

Edited by Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: In the article referenced in the other thread, Person says he thinks Ian Thomas has a good shot at making it.

Well we don't exactly have a lot of competition for him.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd say Arnold and tremble are probably gonna be pretty good competition.

Well we are likely to keep two of them, so I don't think he needs to exactly perform at a super high level. 

I would imagine we will be churning at TE next offseason, as well.

Edited by kungfoodude

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we are likely to keep two of them, so I don't think he needs to exactly perform at a super high level. 

I would imagine we will be churning at TE next offseason, as well.

Possible.

One of the things I like about this year's draft though is that I feel like even if guys don't wind up being starters, they may not necessarily be complete busts.

Take Brady Christensen for example. Even if he's not our left tackle of the future, he could still be a great guard.

I'll take that over a Greg Little who's likely a complete washout.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thomas had a good shot at contributing last season. Instead he likes to give up on his routes, or run the wrong ones. He can go, find a TE3 that actually wants to play in the NFL.

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Thomas had a good shot at contributing last season. Instead he likes to give up on his routes, or run the wrong ones. He can go, find a TE3 that actually wants to play in the NFL.

I think it's very possible he will go.

Person is more optimistic on that front than I am.

32 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Possible.

One of the things I like about this year's draft though is that I feel like even if guys don't wind up being starters, they may not necessarily be complete busts.

Take Brady Christensen for example. Even if he's not our left tackle of the future, he could still be a great guard.

I'll take that over a Greg Little who's likely a complete washout.

Well there isn't that much of a risk of busts in this class primarily because we didn't use our higher round draft picks. Once you trade down past the 3rd round,  I kind of think that "bust" word doesn't so much apply. I would imagine at least a quarter of our picks will likely not be on our roster in 3 seasons, because the odds of hitting on that many lower round picks are astronomical. 

I hope Christensen works out. He is a guy that probably has to end up being at least an average level starter on our team for a few years or he will get that bust tag. Definitely would not have been a guy I would have drafted personally but the coaches have a vision for what they are looking for, so I hope he fits that and is successful for us. 

I am curious to see if we keep this "quantity over quality" mentality about drafting or that was just their thoughts on this draft class. I can see the appeal of the logic behind it, so I will be curious to see if it works out in the long term.

16 hours ago, BlitzMonster said:

He's probably accurate about TE Ian Thomas.   Not only did Thomas not thrill anyone with his offensive production last season, the team could save over 2M by cutting him.   So I think he's likely gone.  

Ian Thomas could be the #3, but I think he'll go based on the info provided above. Colin Thompson (a Temple Guy) will be a lot cheaper (any other options at TE#3 would be too)

Edited by Michael G
  • Pie 1