• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2019 Draft, an "all time dud"?

Mr. Scot

41 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Because Matt Rhule is here to win football games.

The only time I have ever seen an intentional on field tanking was the Eagles this past season. And we saw how that went. Lost the locker room and lost his job.

Coaches and players almost always want to win.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

The only time I have ever seen an intentional on field tanking was the Eagles this past season. And we saw how that went. Lost the locker room and lost his job.

Coaches and players almost always want to win.

I don't know if you took a gander at the Jets roster this past season, but when Crowder is your #1 you're bold faced tanking.

It's rare though, I agree. 

The book isn't written on the draft but the Little pick is a huge stain particularly since he required both our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Miller could be good; he only played his rookie year with minimal time on the field and flashed at times so can't judge that yet. Daley if he can actually get healthy, would be tremendous value in the 6th. So best case scenario, we could look back and say it was a mixed bag with 1 complete stud in the 1st and a couple decent role players on day 3 which would be a far cry from an all time dud. On the other hand, if Daley and Miller get cut this year or never really make it on the field for one reason or another, then yeah, it's up there in terms of all time Panthers badness.

• Beer 1