• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about Newton's status in NE?

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Horn might end up being a great CB, but ultimately whether or not he was a good pick is going to hinge on what happens at the QB position. If Darnold flops while Fields and/or Jones go on to become legit franchise QBs... oh wee mayne.

Seriously? 

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

Julio will be traded after June 1.  It's the only option they have to sign their draft picks, and that June 1 designation will mean his new team will only have to pay him 7.75 million for the next 3 years.  But since the Saints and Bucs can't afford him, Julio will no longer be in our division.

It would be hilarious if we did but we have way too many WRs.

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I actually think it's gonna be fascinating to watch whether Jones succeeds or fails.

Mind you, I'm more comfortable knowing that particular experiment is happening somewhere other than here.

I think Jones is going to ball out in NE.  People are going to explode on here when he takes the reigns for Cam

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, PootieNunu said:

They also had a great team already and only needed a QB, but everyone forgets that part. 

They also invested in the oline in the draft last year and that wasnt even a position of need.  Wirfs put them over the top last year and was a huge reason they won the SB

5 hours ago, Call Me James said:

Cam will be fine... He's a decade long vet. 

Why is this an indictment on him and not the guy they drafted in the first round? 

Nevermind. how about we focus on our own previously terrible QB who we hope turns it around. 

Because the same people who think Panthers fans can't move on from Cam trip over themselves to post any inkling of potential negative news about Cam.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think Jones is going to ball out in NE.  People are going to explode on here when he takes the reigns for Cam

I mean that is literally the plan in NE.  For Jones to take over.  They drafted a first round QB and are renting Cam.  No one should be shocked.   When will it happens? Who knows.  But that is plan/goal at this point.   Maybe that is next season.  Maybe that is some point this season. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Absolutely. Horn can be Revis 2.0 but if we continue to flail around at QB we'll continually be talking draft in October.

Yep.  We will be the Jaguars.  Bragging about Jalen Ramsey yet not being able to win football games.   We've been there before.  Boasting about having the best 1-2 punch at RB or a 1k/1k RB.....and losing. 

Horn was the best DB in college football (let's just assume that isn't a debate).  Impact for the Gamecocks? One of the worst teams and defenses in college football last year.  Offenses had a field day vs them.  They had a field day vs them them the entire time Horn was there.   Positionally, DBs aren't able to  drastically impact teams like other spots do. 

and the counter to that Horn/Gamecocks? Look at Auburn and Cam in the SEC that season? Undefeated and a natty on the back of a QB and a DT.  Some positions just matter more. 

• Pie 4

Cam Newton might not be able to hold Jones off for the whole season, but he likely gives the Patriots a better shot at winning early in the year.

Jones will obviously have a fairly steep learning curve, much like every rookie and free agent to ever land in New England. I just don’t see Jones being under center Week 1.