• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about Newton's status in NE?

Mr. Scot

13 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah as sad as it would be, I could see Belichick using Cam in certain packages like the Saints had traditionally been using Taysom Hill, or like Baltimore used Lamar Jackson in the first half of his rookie season.  People continuously harp on the Panthers running Cam into the ground but seem to gloss over the fact that Cam had the HIGHEST rush volume of his entire career with New England last year...at 31 years old coming off of multiple injury-riddled seasons.

he is the great short yardage threat/weapon in NFL history. 

Cam has done a great deal for the panthers and the community and much more than we probably even know about 

Great athletes have a hard time retiring 

He is not a stupid individual. He is well aware of his limitations...so are the Patriots 

i will hope he has one last good season and I get to see him on a football field one last time 

I’ll also say his last game in Charlotte,  there were a lot of boos mostly for Ron  not taking him out and continuing to play him when he was clearly hurt, so it will be a good thing to give him a better reception   

Edited by raleigh-panther

On 5/19/2021 at 6:43 PM, PootieNunu said:

I guess breer never heard them call anyone a cracker, so he did not consider it a slur. 

If Mac Jones is the starter in NE it is because he was handed the job. He is not an alpha that goes out and wins a job.  

You should be a sports psychologist or a coach perhaps. The Patriots should just call you before each draft and pay you to let them know what to do. Why are you wasting your time here on this message board with us nobody's?

1 hour ago, Hotsauce said:

Awwwwww did somebody get butt hurt about their Patriots QB??  Go join the Patriots chat board where you can freely slob Cams knob

On the contrary. I've been quite blunt about the prospects of his career as a starting qb moving forward. But unlike yourself I do not harbor an unhealthy level of animosity for him or anyone else who has not been in the team for 12 months or more. But then again maybe I shouldn't expect much intellect or rational thought from someone who quits his team on a whim when things get too tough.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1