• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Questions about Newton's status in NE?

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, X-Clown said:

Cook blew his ACL out his rookie year, since then he’s missed 9 games in 3 years. McCaffrey missed 13 last year with multiple injuries, but none were season ending.. Not sure how this makes one guy injury prone and the other not.

Cook has not played a full season, CMC has. They were drafted the same year. 

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

He is on that good stuff. NE went 7-9 with a 4-12 roster.

This part. They also play in a historically bad division. Pats,bills, dolphins,jets. You could almost sweep jets and fins and that's 4 wins. 

Edited by micnificent28

1 hour ago, Carolina Cajun said:

But cam IS gonna resign with the panthers!....(in a few years when he's ready to retire and we do a 1 day contract so he can retire a panther).

Just out of curiosity...what makes you think Cam cares enough to do so, and how does it benefit him? 

Seriously. 50% if not more poo on him for little reason more than his skin color.  The remaining factions poo on him for his real faults. 

I don't imagine any reason Cam would come back to retire here. Its time we stop thinking of players as our previous ex girlfriends that we hope to come back to us one day and boost our ego. Cam doesnt need to retire here. We moved on from him. He has moved on from us. The end.

14 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Just out of curiosity...what makes you think Cam cares enough to do so, and how does it benefit him? 

Seriously. 50% if not more poo on him for little reason more than his skin color.  The remaining factions poo on him for his real faults. 

I don't imagine any reason Cam would come back to retire here. Its time we stop thinking of players as our previous ex girlfriends that we hope to come back to us one day and boost our ego. Cam doesnt need to retire here. We moved on from him. He has moved on from us. The end.

There are many many more fans who appreciate and value him than there are trolls who use every opportunity to attack him. You are using cowards on social media to base your argument around. I hardly think Cam sits up at night worrying about what some idiot redneck thinks of him. Newton does not strike me as someone who would shun the Panthers fans and also important factor here his fellow teammates who were right there with him through the best memories of the last decade that defined him and this franchise. It may take some time but I believe he will want to be honored alongside his teammates.

57 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Thats what happens when you live in a very racist state. 

• Poo 4

2 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Jeeze, my joke took a turn.  No hes not coming back anytime soon.  Yes he will most likely retire a panther IMO, if for nothing else, its probably good for his brand as he'll be able to sell some extra vintage jerseys.  end of the day, for every "Cam bad because black" hucklefug out there, there were just as many if not maybe more "cam do no wrong ever" dipshits.  Vast majority of fans lie in between, and he knows this.

The Patriots will eventually make the switch from Cam Newton to Mac Jones, the club's first-round selection in the 2021 Draft. That's inevitable given the lofty draft capital the organization has already put in for Jones.

The big question, however, is when that switch will take place. The only person with even the slightest inkling of when he may pull the trigger on such a team-altering decision is Bill Belichick (and he may not know for sure yet).