• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Julio is traded...

Mr. Scot

If Julio is traded, it should be for draft capitol and maybe a starting caliber player, maybe on the defensive side. They have Russell Gage that shows a lot of promise and Calvin as I mentioned. Not to mention Kyle Pitts who ATL fans already think is going to be the next Tony Gonzalez. But they have holes to fill on defense and they still have the QB of the future in the back of their minds. Next years draft may be the time for them to take one. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Robinson has a cap hit of almost 18 million.  

Falcons couldn't take on half of that.

Both teams are in cap hell right now and some restructures/trades are coming soon. Seeing as most of the players that agreed to restructures did so at the beginning of the off-season... maybe trades will be what we see (for the teams like the Falcons)

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's gotta be a team that thinks they have a window to win now IMO. That's the only way it makes sense to trade a lot of assets for a 32 year old highly paid WR. 

To add to this, the Pats may not seem to fit that bill from the outside looking in, but Belichick is pushing 70. Even if they may not seem to have a "win now" window, Belichick does and he calls all the shots.

• Pie 1

Ravens, Titans, Patriots, and maybe Packers (to make rodgers happy maybe?) are the teams I see as front runners for teams with a win now mentality, available cap space, and low talent WR depth. I think the Ravens have been the most aggressive looking for a WR than other teams and the Patriots want to continue the winning culture. So the Ravens and PAtriots are the two teams I could see IF it happens. 

A trade or restructure will happen. I don't think Atlanta can even afford to sign all of their rookies at the moment.