• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Julio is traded...

Mr. Scot

15 hours ago, DamnItJake! said:

ATL silly to get rid of Julio !! Only reason they are in cap hell and need more help!! Not everyone has the tom Brady luxury discount cuz his wife makes more money than him!!

Matt Ryan and Julio Jones are the reason they are in cap hell. 

Julio's cap hit is 23m and he has averaged 12.5 games a year over the course of his career. He is also 32 years old. I do not see teams lining up to trade for that. He is 20th all time in yards and way down the list in all time TDs, he is getting paid like a HoF'er and he is not one. 

Ryans cap hit is even worse, even after a restructure. His cap hit is 26m. He is 34, a middling qb, being paid like a top 5 qb. 

The falcons allowed these players to sign these asinine contracts and now it is biting them in the ass. 

NBC Sports Boston's Michael Holley reports Julio Jones wants to play for the Patriots.

"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? He wants to play with Cam Newton," Holley reported on Boston Sports Tonight. Jones also reportedly thinks Falcons QB Matt Ryan has "lost a little on his deep ball." 

Who here wants to tell Julio?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

NBC Sports Boston's Michael Holley reports Julio Jones wants to play for the Patriots.

"You know who (Jones) really wants to play with? He wants to play with Cam Newton," Holley reported on Boston Sports Tonight. Jones also reportedly thinks Falcons QB Matt Ryan has "lost a little on his deep ball." 

Who here wants to tell Julio?

Should be a fun 6 games for the two of them and I'm sure Jones will love those ducks getting lobbed to him 

• Pie 1

On 5/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, Mr. Scot said:

The Athletic actually took a look at what some of the teams that have been speculated to be interested might trade for him.

The proposed offers weren't as great as you might think.

I'd honestly be surprised if the offers were huge. He's still a 32 year old WR.

We have to be the only franchise that hates the best player in our History so damn much. 

But hey we know what that’s about don’t we. If Cam Newton looked like The Golden Calf of Bristol y’all would be demanding statues be built. Instead y’all hate that players actually want to play with him. 

Edited by AceBoogie
  • Pie 3
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

We have to be the only franchise that hates the best player in our History so damn much. 

But hey we know what that’s about don’t we. If Cam Newton looked like The Golden Calf of Bristol y’all would be demanding statues be built. Instead y’all hate that players actually want to play with him. 

Who hates Cam? He is my favorite Panther. I just don’t have an issue moving on from him because his price wasn’t equivalent to what was left of his ability. I believe he was due $20 million when we let him walk after not being able to stay healthy for the previous 3 years. Cam was one of the most important, exciting players in franchise history and we did him a disservice by never getting him a decent line and running him into the ground. The good news for us is the Owner/GM/Staff that failed him is no longer with this organization.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Just because my life doesn't revolve around a former player for my local football team doesn't mean I hate him.

• Beer 5