• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Over/Under Win Total(s) for Carolina

1 hour ago, bigdavis said:
6 hours ago, joemac said:

Getting CMC back should do wonders for them, as he had 6 TDs in 3 games last season.

@joemacyou're the only one here who makes note of this crucial difference in this year, and last. 

Let's hope he can play all 17 games.  

Once the RB's start breaking down the slide is hard to reverse and it sure appears his off-season distractions have increased 10-fold...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Let's hope he can play all 17 games.  

Once the RB's start breaking down the slide is hard to reverse and it sure appears his off-season distractions have increased 10-fold...

SB, recently who hate poop'd you to infinity?

Mods to do their jobs and put a stop to blind troll hate...

Edited by Basbear
  • Beer 1

I think we’re a five win team. I think a part of our “success” last year of being in one score games was due to the unpredictability of Rhule, Snow and Brady. Teams now have our tendencies on tape and this defense is still incredibly weak at the linebacker position and the secondary is still an unknown.  Offensively the line should scare everybody and couple that with Darnold, who has been abysmal as a pro, we could have problems. 

we go over 7.5 wins only with a healthy CMC, Moore and a much improved Darnold who limits turnovers and makes plays in the red zone. 

i see wins against the Jets, Houston, Eagles, Falcons and Patriots. 

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

SB, recently who hate poop'd you to infinity?

Mods to do their jobs and put a stop to blind troll hate...

One guy spent like an entire hour of his day executing the deed...

...he's a petty ne'er-do-well whose name isn't worth mentioning...

...no worries from my end, I'll claw back to positive territory at some point!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

I think we’re a five win team. I think a part of our “success” last year of being in one score games was due to the unpredictability of Rhule, Snow and Brady. Teams now have our tendencies on tape and this defense is still incredibly weak at the linebacker position and the secondary is still an unknown.  Offensively the line should scare everybody and couple that with Darnold, who has been abysmal as a pro, we could have problems. 

we go over 7.5 wins only with a healthy CMC, Moore and a much improved Darnold who limits turnovers and makes plays in the red zone. 

i see wins against the Jets, Houston, Eagles, Falcons and Patriots. 

I think just the opposite logic applies as well. While other teams found out how to exploit our college coaches turned pro late last year, our coaches now have NFL experience in their respective positions and should improve significantly much like players usually make their biggest gains between year 1 and 2. I expect Snow to change that weak prevent defense he ran last year using more man press coverage and more disguise at the line of scrimmage instead of easy matchups and predictable zone coverage. Brady can build on what he designed and Rhule can fix his time management skills. Couple that with more firepower on offense and better defenders and I think we will reach your total by the midpoint of the season.  If we split our one score losses last year we were a 9-7 team. Better play in the 4th quarter and we easily go 9-8 and that assumes 5-3  in the first half and 4-5 in the second half.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Games I see as winnable: NYJ, @HOU, PHI, MIN, @NYG, @ARI, WFT, @MIA. Don’t see the division completely sweeping us, so toss another W in for 9-8, should happen IMO… could take 1-2 more from the division, could surprise DAL & NE, who knows? 

dont think we’ll really win all the games I think we ‘should’ but if we can win most & steal a few from the other side of my list, then I’ll take the over, appreciate the improvement, and eagerly anticipate 2022….

• Pie 2

I think we have 3 games I would count as wins, and 6 I would count as toss ups. So I'd say we'll hit 6 wins next year and end up 6-11.

If Darnold plays well, this is probably our final "rebuilding" year and we shift towards competing for the playoffs. If not we're probably drafting a QB and extending it another year.

1 hour ago, steveSmokin_D said:

I think the ceiling is breaking even for this season 8-8. Worst case same record as last year or one win better/worse. It really comes down to the qb play and can this defense continue to trend upwards.

We play 17 games this year, correct me if I'm wrong.

With that said I do pretty much agree. I think if everything goes right, 9-8 would be the high water mark. Lots of youth right now, and we might "see the talent" and not get the results.