• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bootleg Football’s take on Panthers draft

23 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I always enjoy Brett Kollman. He has another podcast with EJ Snyder who has the Panthers with the number 1 draft.  
EJ has some interesting takes on our players including Chuba and our rd. 7 pick Phil Hoskins. 

Starts at the 57:30 mark. 

"I really don't want to throw against Carolina. They have Chinn and how Horn...Ugh, I don't want to throw against Carolina."

That made me smirk, with a lot of satisfaction.

• Pie 2

All good. Great watch, BTW. Definitely worth the time. The “loose lips sink ships” comment at the end was great. I knew we jumped to take Marshall so Saints couldn’t, but don’t think I’d heard they were after Horn as well. Love sticking it to them! 🤣

• Pie 3

They made me feel really better about the first four picks.  I think they love Horn, Terrace, (so do I) and Christensen at LT---they helped me see how he is a perfect fit there-I hope they are right.

Tremble:  They underestimated him, in my opinion, but value his blocking.  No mention of special teams.

I did not like the Chuba pick either.

I am not as pumped about Nixon as before, but there is a difference between playing every down and being situational.

Shi Smith just made our WR corps potentially the best in the NFL.  "Darnold has no excuses."

I did not like the Taylor CB pick when it happened, but I do now.  They love him, along with DJ.  Enough for me. 

They made good points and were spot on. 

I disagree about D.Brown, however.  He was a LG at Bama and pulled and was able to move. As a RG, he should be fine.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Loved the analysis (obviously), especially what they say about Hubbard. I agree. As I said, he was under-valued and will be solid and make some splash plays. They didn't seem overly enthused about Nixon, which I think is the biggest steal, instead gushing over Hoskins, who I also like, but I view Nixon as a potential starter at the end of the season or next year, while Hoskins will be a rotational guy...though I think a very good one.

• Pie 2

I am thrilled to have some depth and options on our offensive line. I know LT is still a bit of a question mark, but may the best player win between Erving, Scott, and Christensen. Outside of that we have decent starters with some young talented players behind them. If all goes well we shouldn’t be scrambling for linemen next year (maybe LT if Christensen becomes LG) for once. Even if LT is a little shaky at first we have Tremble and Chuba (apparently a great blocking RB) to help on certain situations. I can already see us putting CMC out wide and leaving Tremble or Chuba in the backfield to help delay any pass rushers.

On another note... Moore, Anderson, Marshall, CMC, and potentially Shi Smith with Arnold having solid hands as well! If Darnold puts it together, and our staff believes he will, this offense should be on fire!

• Beer 4

That Hubbard rumour needs to die. That was Rhule joking around with a Draft pick on the phone.

Watch his reaction when it was brought up in the post-Draft press conference. With a face like thunder he said something like "I love my wife dearly, but no she was not involved with this Draft."

I think EJ is wrong on Nixon btw - he's far too quick and agile to just be written off as a bullrusher.

• Pie 1