• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Niners confirm the smokescreen

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I understand you might be busy but the whole discussion about the Tar Heels started when I said Lance would have beaten them last year.

In football it's generally considered that the "Football Year" starts when camp starts.

The consensus is Aug 1st.

Last year would be the 2019 regular season. 

This year would be the 2020 season.

Next year would be the 2021 season. 

So when I say Lance would have beaten UNC last year. Yes he would have.

What the fug are you talking about?

you posted...

“The 2019 Tar Heels were not a top 10 team and were lucky to keep it close vs Appalachian State. “

That was 2 seasons ago, Howell’s freshman season. You know the guy who came in and started day one, broke the NCAA record for passing TD’s for a true freshman. Lance on the other hand was redshirted his freshman year, because he wasn’t good enough to win the job... at NDSU!!! Lol!!!

Lance would be riding the bench anywhere except at a community college in North fuging Dakota. 

• Poo 1

With one week until the 2021 NFL Draft, everyone was still is waiting on pins and needles to get a whiff of what the 49ers were planning on doing with the No. 3 pick.

Alabama quarterback Mac Jones has been seen as the favorite ever since the 49ers made the trade to acquire the pick.

However, a lot of NFL executives were in lockstep with those who believed there was no way the 49ers surrendered that much draft capital for Jones, and had good reason to believe Shanahan and Lynch were not looking in that direction.

"I don’t think there’s any way in hell they’re taking Mac Jones,” one executive told The MMQB's Albert Breer.

“He’s not good enough. The Shanahan offense has worked with a multitude of types of quarterbacks,” the exec told Breer. “But it really flourished when it had a big athlete with a big arm like John Elway running it. I just think you’re moving up for the special athlete.”

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, weyco2000 said:

What the fug are you talking about?

you posted...

“The 2019 Tar Heels were not a top 10 team and were lucky to keep it close vs Appalachian State. “

That was 2 seasons ago, Howell’s freshman season. You know the guy who came in and started day one, broke the NCAA record for passing TD’s for a true freshman. Lance on the other hand was redshirted his freshman year, because he wasn’t good enough to win the job... at NDSU!!! Lol!!!

Lance would be riding the bench anywhere except at a community college in North fuging Dakota. 

He's shifted his argument to "last season technically wasn't last season". 

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

I understand you might be busy but the whole discussion about the Tar Heels started when I said Lance would have beaten them last year.

In football it's generally considered that the "Football Year" starts when camp starts.

The consensus is Aug 1st.

Last year would be the 2019 regular season. 

This year would be the 2020 season.

Next year would be the 2021 season. 

So when I say Lance would have beaten UNC last year. Yes he would have.

You do realize football is a team game don't you?  I dislike the Tarheels, but even if Trey Lance is the next Tom Brady, I think 7-8 times out of 10, the Tarheels beat North Dakota State.  I feel dirty for saying it, but its probably true.  Just more talent across the board.

Edited by Davidson Deac II

that's a bummer for mac jones. there might have been some teams prior to the Patriots that had interest but thought he'd never be there. he ended up in a decent spot, presumably, but it has to suck a little to hear you were a pawn in a misdirection scheme. 

18 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

that's a bummer for mac jones. there might have been some teams prior to the Patriots that had interest but thought he'd never be there. he ended up in a decent spot, presumably, but it has to suck a little to hear you were a pawn in a misdirection scheme. 

You may be right, on the other hand, Mac Jones reminds me of a young Tom Brady.  If there is a coach that knows how to effectively utilize Mac it's most likely Bill Belichick.

Mac Jones being drafted by the Patriots may very well be his best case scenario.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

You may be right, on the other hand, Mac Jones reminds me of a young Tom Brady.  If there is a coach that knows how to effectively utilize Mac it's most likely Bill Belichick.

Mac Jones being drafted by the Patriots may very well be his best case scenario.

Which could mean that both Jones and Lance ended up in the best situations for them.

• Beer 1

I was pretty sure Jones to the 49ers was a smoke screen.  Now, I wasn't sure if Fields or Lance was the target for a while, but when news "leaked" it was down to Jones and Lance, I was sure it was the later.

Jones made absolutely ZERO sense in Shanahan's system.

• Pie 1