• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron "learning from his mistakes" in Carolina

ladypanther

53 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

Didn’t learned that he should’ve played Heinicke not Haskins vs us last year. 

I think that was the only time Ron ever played 4D chess in his head coaching career, and Rhule for it. 

17 minutes ago, Snake said:

He says a bunch of things. He has rarely changed though.

lol...not our problem  now. That article was  about a vet he cut.  Of course.....he has  no real  connection/history with the vets in Washington. Time will tell. But I do think it  is interesting  that he said  it.

I do think that Ron needed a good GM. Obviously he did  not have  that here.  The fact that he brought Hurney to Washington  should  be very concerning  to  the no  names.

• Pie 2

Good on him to be realistic, realize things he should/could have done differently, and move forward making adjustments and trying to be better. Maybe sometimes a change of scenery is needed to help get that evolution started. 

I always liked Ron as a man and leader in the locker room. Cheers to him.

• Poo 1

Ron is and was a great defensive mind.  Great human being as was and is his family by all accounts.  I appreciate their help in animal welfare greatly.

All that said, it was time for Ron to go in Carolina 3 years prior to his termination and I said it then.  Whatever the reason he couldn't get it done here regardless of the talent placed before him.  That is all that matters in professional football.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, Shocker said:

Personally think he has his team on the way up.  Ron is a good coach.  2015 happened so he deserves credit.

2015 happened because we had the most physically talented player in the league in his prime combined with an elite defense. It had little to do with Ron and his coaching ability or lack thereof.  

Hell he is probably the reason we lost that super bowl by not allowing shula to add any new wrinkles to the offense and not making any adjustments during the game. 

Edited by PootieNunu
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, ladypanther said:

lol...not our problem  now. That article was  about a vet he cut.  Of course.....he has  no real  connection/history with the vets in Washington. Time will tell. But I do think it  is interesting  that he said  it.

I do think that Ron needed a good GM. Obviously he did  not have  that here.  The fact that he brought Hurney to Washington  should  be very concerning  to  the no  names.

Kinda the chicken and the Egg tbh. Hurney and Rivera just fit each other. I'm just glad we took a totally different approach moving forward.

• Pie 1