• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron "learning from his mistakes" in Carolina

ladypanther

I’ll never forget Norwell sitting on the bench and not even given a chance until injury. Then went on to be the top paid guard in the NFL lol...that’s a serious issue IMO. Shouldn’t take a decade.

But hey, least he’s owning up to it. That, adjustments and time management were his biggest issues. If he is willing to learn and do better he could be a great coach.

• Pie 7
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I’ll never forget Norwell sitting on the bench and not even given a chance until injury. Then went on to be the top paid guard in the NFL lol...that’s a serious issue IMO. Shouldn’t take a decade.

But hey, least he’s owning up to it. That, adjustments and time management were his biggest issues. If he is willing to learn and do better he could be a great coach.

I remember DJ in his rookie year looking far better than Funchess.. yeah he had some fumble issues but who cares, coach him up and let him take his lumps and he’d be good (as he is now). Every time he came in he made plays and didn’t get a real shot till Funchess had back issues. 

Pretty sure Burns didn’t start either his rookie year.. He came in mostly on obvious passing downs and always made plays/stood out. I’ve had a few occasions wondering why young players didn’t get the start or significantly more playing time when Rivera was here. 

Edited by CLG
  • Pie 3