• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Other Cornerback

ForJimmy

As a mid-5th no big issue at all with Taylor. This pick does break my one rule for CB(and horn), lack of stats - INTs PBs etc. Rhule came out and said their focus is not stats, I agree for certain spots- QB, RB, DE. But man I want my CBs to have ball skills with stats in college. 

We will see whos right.

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

As a mid-5th no big issue at all with Taylor. This pick does break my one rule for CB(and horn), lack of stats - INTs PBs etc. Rhule came out and said their focus is not stats, I agree for certain spots- QB, RB, DE. But man I want my CBs to have ball skills with stats in college. 

We will see whos right.

The better CBs won't always have much in the way of stats. If they shut their man down, they won't have many opportunities to get PDs and INTs.

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The better CBs won't always have much in the way of stats. If they shut their man down, they won't have many opportunities to get PDs and INTs.

Yep, just look at the stats of WRs that went against Horn. Only one had over 50 yards and he won the Heisman and still was held to 60. Teams don’t throw to top CBs if they are doing their job. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Thats true in the pros, but a tad difference in the college. If teams are not throwing your way, some college CBs learn to bait them into throwing their way. Its a hard sell showing a CB that didnt have INTs and PBs in college, then suddenly develop them in the meat grinder NFL(got any one or 3?). Plus rookies CB will get repeatedly tested/worked until they start getting regular INTs and PBs. If a CB is never placing his hands on balls, he is a not a threat. QBs will throw allllll day at non-threats. We will see what type of coach Jackson is. These type of CBs are different and more press types. For his faults as a DC I loved Steve Wilkis the DB coach.