• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 4

Harbingers

12 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

This series is over if DH isn't a lazy dumb player.

I don't think Dougie is trying to be a "lazy dumb player," but he definitely is making mistakes.

He isn't the same Dougie from last year before he got hurt, he doesn't seem to be as fast.  Pair that with the fact that he usually plays with Slavin and I have to think he is just out of sorts.

I also wonder if he hasn't started thinking about his future already....I mean he is a UFA and has not been extended.  Maybe he it hasn't crossed his mind, but I wouldn't be too sure.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I don't think Dougie is trying to be a "lazy dumb player," but he definitely is making mistakes.

He isn't the same Dougie from last year before he got hurt, he doesn't seem to be as fast.  Pair that with the fact that he usually plays with Slavin and I have to think he is just out of sorts.

I also wonder if he hasn't started thinking about his future already....I mean he is a UFA and has not been extended.  Maybe he it hasn't crossed his mind, but I wouldn't be too sure.

Dougie is the same Dougie he's always been Slavin is usually just there to cover his ass.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Dougie is the same Dougie he's always been Slavin is usually just there to cover his ass.

Ya... Dougie is worth about 3.5 right now. Not 7/7.5/8.

He may need a change of scenery after this season. Slavin should get half his paycheck.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

It also seems to me that the guys have forgotten that you don't shoot the puck right at the goalie's chest. 

Yesterday, at times, reminded me of the Canes circa 2010-2017.....puck right into the goalie's breadbasket.

Fire 60 pucks at him and your gonna get 20ish rebound chances off that the key is having a guy there for the rebound goal, Saros has been great this season almost every goal we have on him is blocker side high....  Scoring hasn't been the problem IMO it's the ridiculous amount of grade A's we have given up on our end.

• Pie 2