• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julio -Tells Shannon Sharpe on live TV- "Im outta there (ATL)"

TheWiz

15 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season.

According to The Athletic's Jeff Schultz, the Ravens, 49ers, Patriots, Colts and Chargers are among possible teams that could land Jones. 

According to Breer, a second-round could end up as the eventual compensation for the star wideout

That sounds about right to me. If Julio was 27-28, I wouldn't think twice about giving up a #1 pick for him if were the final piece for title contending team. 

1st rounders get four years plus the fifth year option. I doubt you'd find a receiver coming out of college who would be "more productive" than Jones was from age 27-32.

Players are playing longer these days, but Jones is on the other side of 30 and last year's injury plagued season could be a sign of things to come. Still, I doubt any second round player is going to have as much impact on offense than a healthy Jones over the next couple of seasons. A team that is one or two playmakers away from contending should consider adding him if they have a competent QB and the cap space to sign him.

Edited by SCO96
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That’s not really true. He gave up $10M in salary for 2021 and all of his salary in 2022. While we paid $7M of the guaranteed money and the Broncos paid $3M of the guaranteed money, Teddy agreed to a total of $11.5M salary for 2021 instead of $21M. The Broncos didn’t have to pay him much of his non-guaranteed money, just $1.5M. Teddy is forgoing almost $10M in his original deal for 2021 and has no contract past 2021.

FYI: That's been explained to him before.

There are only eight NFL teams that have enough cap room to trade for Jones without making any other moves. The Jaguars, Jets, Broncos, Bengals, Lions, Chargers, 49ers and Browns could absorb his $15.3 million salary for 2021. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/eight-nfl-teams-have-the-cap-space-to-trade-for-julio-jones

Edited by CarolinaLivin

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This wasn't just poor form, it was potentially unlawful. Lots of states have laws on the books that for conversations to be recorded requires knowledge of all parties involved. Connecticut (where ESPN is headquartered and presumably where Sharpe was) is one of those states.

I think it’s filmed in LA, but California is also a two party consent state.  If Julio wanted to he could actually pursue this and it’s literally caught on film.  Open and shut case.  I doubt he will, but damn.  Pretty sleazy by Sharpe.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheWiz said:

Yea it looked like Shannon realized that as well... which is why he cut the call short. Bad form. 

Right. Prob didn’t think Julio would answer. Julio was going to say more about Dallas it seemed like, when Shannon told him “you’re good” or “that’s fine” and ended the call after only a minute and a half