• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What we need to see from Sammy D in OTAs

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If you really think there wont be any panic and backlash if sam is not anywhere near above average this year i dont know what tell you. It will be no different than last year, i like things about this staff but they are showing they cant be trusted quite yet with the way they handled the season and teddy. You would think people around here would be smarter than that. 

That first turnover will be a doozy here. We know how these boys on the huddle get down.

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If you really think there wont be any panic and backlash if sam is not anywhere near above average this year i dont know what tell you.

Panic and backlash are expected.

Occasionally, they're even justified.

(granted, that's rare)

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

If Darnold is good enough to earn a $100m+ contract with us anyone not rejoicing is miserable for the sake of being miserable.

Not what I’m discussing. I was told that “basic math could justify picking up his option and guaranteed 19M. Still haven’t seen it. I don’t care either way. Just common sense thinking. 

3 hours ago, frankw said:

That first turnover will be a doozy here. We know how these boys on the huddle get down.

Some here were champing at the bit to crucify him for an interception during OTA's unfortunately (for them) it turned out to be another QB.

If you are a QB in the NFL you're gonna get intercepted.  Question is, what are you gonna you do after that happens?  Will you shrug it off or is it gonna get in your head and ruin your whole day? 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Some here were champing at the bit to crucify him for an interception during OTA's unfortunately (for them) it turned out to be another QB.

It's what you get when you have fans who care more about saying it first or staying it the loudest than about actually having an informed, well thought out opinion.

(thank you so very much, sports talk radio)

• Pie 3

I'm not really concerned at all how he performs on the field at this specific point in time. I'm more interested in him establishing rapport and stepping into the secondary responsibilities of the QB role. If he's actually salvageable like the staff thinks he is then some bad habits are going to take time to break/improved skills time to develop.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

This is exactly what I mean when I say some people here aren't actually fans if the team at all. If you care more about the "I told you so's" on a fuging internet message board than how the actual team and players perform, you are not a fan of the team. 

At. All.

I think I’ve been above board at all times with my feelings about the Panthers. I have no reason to dislike them. I was told to make sure I was here when Teddy led the Panthers to the playoffs last year. So I hung around and this seems to upset people as well. “I told you so” goes both ways. 

I’ve been here 6 years and am now being called a troll by the same people(not you) who agreed with me for the majority of them. Those tender ears and agendas tend to shift quickly.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I think I’ve been above board at all times with my feelings about the Panthers. I have no reason to dislike them. I was told to make sure I was here when Teddy led the Panthers to the playoffs last year. So I hung around and this seems to upset people as well. “I told you so” goes both ways. 

I’ve been here 6 years and am now being called a troll by the same people(not you) who agreed with me for the majority of them. Those tender ears and agendas tend to shift quickly.

May I ask why you choose to stick around even though you're a Steelers fan?

Is their messageboard not enjoyable or something? 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

5 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

How about Sam "The Hammer" Darnold as a tribute to his Grandfather Dick Hammer?  😄

Dick Hammer is the one, after the mono debacle Sam needs a bold move. He'll probably get some of that USC MOJO back at least after week one since the Jets have bad corners. Leggo DH