• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign defensive tackle Caraun Reid

4 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

I wouldn't say they don't care. If day that they're less concerned about the personnel there than getting pressure on the opposing QB and stopping the run.

Yep. Throw as much beef into the DL interior and it makes the job easier for everyone behind them and it keeps the score lower taking pressure off the offense.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Brown, Roy, Jones, Nixon and Hoskins. Brown, Roy and Jones are absolute locks. Nixon should be a lock unless he does something stupid off the field from now and the season start. That’s four guys. I don’t see us keeping more than 5 DTs because YGM can roll inside. Why bring in another guy to compete with Hoskins? They wasted a pick on the kid. Keep him on the team. Why draft him over someone like David Moore or Dylan Moses if you’re unsure he’s going to make the team. That’s just wasting pick(s). 

So if we drafted Moore and pick Hoskins up as a UDFA that would make you happy?  What's the difference they are both on the team.

You should be happy that a 7th rounder doesn't make the team.  (maybe PS) This would indicate that our team is so stacked with talent that being drafted in the 5th, 6th or 7th round doesn't guarantee you a spot on this team. 

• Beer 1

You never know. Somebody gets hurt, maybe a couple of guys go down, you need people before camp just in case. Maybe we find a gem (extra body we can't keep) and trade him instead of cutting him (that has happened in the league before) and get a 6th or a 7th for someone. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Basbear said:

Fox is in the mix as well. 

I still have not idea what type of front Snow will run. I have a feeling it will be changing as the games happen.  

I think you're right. Snow is going to be changing stuff up a lot with personnel and scheme. Keeping a lot of DT beef on the roster will make it easy to cycle the big guys out so we keep wearing out the opposing OL.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Brown, Roy, Jones, Nixon and Hoskins. Brown, Roy and Jones are absolute locks. Nixon should be a lock unless he does something stupid off the field from now and the season start. That’s four guys. I don’t see us keeping more than 5 DTs because YGM can roll inside. Why bring in another guy to compete with Hoskins? They wasted a pick on the kid. Keep him on the team. Why draft him over someone like David Moore or Dylan Moses if you’re unsure he’s going to make the team. That’s just wasting pick(s). 

It's camp. They do it every Summer. 

• Beer 1

17 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Don't forget about Fox. He's listed as a DE, but I expect to see him inside more often than not. I think he's an upgrade over what we did with Obada last season.

18 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Don’t forget Morgan Fox. He is ideally a 3 technique that can occasionally play on the outside. 

13 hours ago, Basbear said:

Fox is in the mix as well. 

I still have not idea what type of front Snow will run. I have a feeling it will be changing as the games happen.  

He’s gonna run the 4-3 hybrid. Base 4-3 with specialty 3-4 packages.

4-3

DE: YGM

DT:Brown

DT: Jones

DE: Burns

OLB: Thompson

MLB: Perryman

OLB: Carter

3-4

DE: Fox

NT: Brown

DT: Jones