• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 QB1 Stat Predictions (BleacherReport)

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

For reference, he would only have to beat....

Passing YDS: 3024

Passing YDS/GM: 232.6

Passing TDS: 19

Passing TDS/GM: 1.5

INTS: 11

INTS/GM: 0.92

Completion %: 61.9

Rushing YDS: 217

Rushing TDS: 2

It’ll definitely be a failure if he can’t surpass that. But I would bet 5 Gs that he throws for more yards and TDs this season. Literally everything in his team now is better. Better staff, better weapons and an extra game. Even if he were to regress this season he should beat those numbers unless he suffers a lengthy injury.

3 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

He’s ROTY

He won’t be the week 1 starter lmao. I’ve never ignored a user but I don’t need any more reasons. Your lack of football understanding and your desperate need for attention is honestly pitiful. Have fun watching your boy this season.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It’ll definitely be a failure if he can’t surpass that. But I would bet 5 Gs that he throws for more yards and TDs this season. Literally everything in his team now is better. Better staff, better weapons and an extra game. Even if he were to regress this season he should beat those numbers unless he suffers a lengthy injury.

Well, he has also never been healthy for a full 16 game schedule in his career. This is something that probably doesn't get talked about enough. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

For reference, he would only have to beat....

Passing YDS: 3024

Passing YDS/GM: 232.6

Passing TDS: 19

Passing TDS/GM: 1.5

INTS: 11

INTS/GM: 0.92

Completion %: 61.9

Rushing YDS: 217

Rushing TDS: 2

He'll improve on Pass yds and TDs

Likely will have around the same completion percentage. 

Im thinking around the same amount of INTS or maybe a 2, 3 more (13 is likely)

Rushing yds/TDs prolly will be around the same as well

Hopefully he plays a complete season

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, he has also never been healthy for a full 16 game schedule in his career. This is something that probably doesn't get talked about enough. 

I’m not denying that there are question marks. Obviously there are some big reasons to be concerned with Darnolds game. 

But this joint has become two absurd extremes regarding Darnold. Half this place thinks he’s a bust before he’s taken a snap this season and the other half are labeling him the future of the franchise.

Sam has a lot of work to do. But I do not care what any poster in this board says, the ability is there. He has the natural talent. He has mobility and he has an arm that can make all the throws. 

That can be said of every QB drafted as high as he was. Sam has the ability to be the leader of this team for the foreseeable future. He’s just got to put in the work. In terms of ability, there’s more talent than Jake ever had. Less talent than Cam. If he can live up to his potential and slot right in between those two, then we are comfortably set at QB for a long time. 

It’s up to him. But at this point I’m just hoping he lives up to that. I still believe based on pure talent, he would have been the 2nd QB picked in this draft. 

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not denying that are no question marks. Obviously there are some big reasons to be concerned with Darnolds game. 

But this joint has become two absurd extremes regarding Darnold. Half this place thinks he’s a bust before he’s taken a snap this season and the other half are labeling him the future of the franchise.

Sam has a lot of work to do. But I do not care what any poster in this board says, the ability is there. He has the natural talent. He has mobility and he has an arm that can make all the throws. 

That can be said of every QB drafted as high as he was. Sam has the ability to be the leader of this team for the foreseeable future. He’s just got to put in the work. In terms of ability, there’s more talent than Jake ever had. Less talent than Cam. If he can live up to his potential and slot right in between those two, then we are comfortably set at QB for a long time. 

It’s up to him. But at this point I’m just hoping he lives up to that. I still believe based on pure talent, he would have been the 2nd QB picked in this draft. 

I think its more 50% labeled him as a bust already and 50% are optimistic he can become our franchise quarterback... but i think more so we just hope he is because that brings us that much closer to being in the superbowl conversation. 

I do agree on the talent being there. Let's just hope he turns out to be the guy. 

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

20 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’m not denying that there are question marks. Obviously there are some big reasons to be concerned with Darnolds game. 

I don't think it's always about the work. I don't doubt that Darnold puts in the work to be successful. Some players just can't process information at an NFL level or have the competitive drive to be great. 

I'd point you to the really excellent article ESPN did on the Jared Goff situation after the Stafford trade. I thought that had a lot of good "inside baseball" tidbits about why the coach eventually lost faith in him. 

Sometimes no matter what the skillset or ability, you just don't have what it takes to be a great player in the NFL. That happens to the majority of these guys coming into the league. 

That's the thing, it's not really right to be mad at Darnold if he doesn't pan out. He is probably maximizing the abilities that he has. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah 30 tds and 13 picks and 4K+ total yards? That’s franchise qb territory.

The other small asterisk is if he fails in 4th quarter situations with the game on the line consistently. 

or those are garbage time stats and those 13 picks amount to pick sixes. Not sure how many times a cowboys qb is elite with stats but they win six games.

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

or those are garbage time stats and those 13 picks amount to pick sixes. Not sure how many times a cowboys qb is elite with stats but they win six games.

oof!   Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?   lol.

Anyway, hope it's what Rum said and not what you said 'cause that would suck.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Not only that but the O-Line will undoubtedly be Average(at worst) which is still LEAGUES BETTER than what he had in NY.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1