• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 QB1 Stat Predictions (BleacherReport)

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think it's always about the work. I don't doubt that Darnold puts in the work to be successful. Some players just can't process information at an NFL level or have the competitive drive to be great. 

I'd point you to the really excellent article ESPN did on the Jared Goff situation after the Stafford trade. I thought that had a lot of good "inside baseball" tidbits about why the coach eventually lost faith in him. 

Sometimes no matter what the skillset or ability, you just don't have what it takes to be a great player in the NFL. That happens to the majority of these guys coming into the league. 

That's the thing, it's not really right to be mad at Darnold if he doesn't pan out. He is probably maximizing the abilities that he has. 

Yep. The word "intangibles" gets thrown around a lot, but it's accurate. A lot of what goes into being a successful NFL player can't be measured. Does a guy have "it"? I don't know what "it" is but if you don't have it you ain't gonna make it.

• Beer 2

I love the stats and hope Darnold hits them, but unfortunately its just click bait.   They have most quarterbacks over 4000 yards if they play a full season.  They have Wentz with the Colts at 4,388 yards, 32 touchdowns, 12 interceptions.   Every fan board in the league love what they predict for their qb.  Cousins with >4500, Winston with 4510 yards, 30 touchdowns, 13 interceptions.  13.....Winston... Seriously?

Click bait.

23 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I love the stats and hope Darnold hits them, but unfortunately its just click bait.   They have most quarterbacks over 4000 yards if they play a full season.  They have Wentz with the Colts at 4,388 yards, 32 touchdowns, 12 interceptions.   Every fan board in the league love what they predict for their qb.  Cousins with >4500, Winston with 4510 yards, 30 touchdowns, 13 interceptions.  13.....Winston... Seriously?

Click bait.

Agree with this. 

I think Sam has a better shot at hitting those numbers than Cousins and Winston(especially Winston).  lol

• Pie 2

We'll have more 4 quarter comebacks this year for 3 reasons:

1. Dumb luck - 0-8 was stupidly bad luck. If the Panthers had any sort of luck they'd have been 2-6 last year.

2. Marshall and the defense - We'll finally have a "go to" threat in the redzone, which will benefit the entire offense, and the defense will be improved enough to give us more chances and better field position.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Madwolf said:

We'll have more 4 quarter comebacks this year for 3 reasons:

1. Dumb luck - 0-8 was stupidly bad luck. If the Panthers had any sort of luck they'd have been 2-6 last year.

2. Marshall and the defense - We'll finally have a "go to" threat in the redzone, which will benefit the entire offense, and the defense will be improved enough to give us more chances and better field position.

This.

I also think Arnold's going to help in the RZ too.    

18 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Agree with this. 

I think Sam has a better shot at hitting those numbers than Cousins and Winston(especially Winston).  lol

I think Sam has a better chance of hitting his projected numbers than those two, but he won't have a better season than likely either. I mean I hope he does. As much as we want to say "oh the time in NY doesn't count because off..... (insert excuse)" but those stats/numbers do matter. Nothing has been shown he is "the guy". It's one thing to hope he has success, but to just start placing him in front of guys that has actually produced something (may not have been a lot, they've produced 20x what Sam has). 

You could argue that he'd likely have a better season than Winston, but with Sean Payton, Alvin and Thomas.. there's also plenty of reason to believe otherwise. And for cousins, he may be an above average QB, but he has consistently been that, and Sam hasn't been that ever. 

I am a Sam fan but I look at things realistically. Hope he puts in the work and the necessary changes are made.

Edited by CarolinaLivin

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I think Sam has a better chance of hitting his projected numbers than those two, but he won't have a better season than likely either. I mean I hope he does. As much as we want to say "oh the time in NY doesn't count because off..... (insert excuse)" but those stats/numbers do matter. Nothing has been shown he is "the guy". It's one thing to hope he has success, but to just start placing him in front of guys that has actually produced something (may not have been a lot, they've produced 20x what Sam has). 

You could argue that he'd likely have a better season than Winston, but with Sean Payton, Alvin and Thomas.. there's also plenty of reason to believe otherwise. And for cousins he may be an above average QB, but he has consistently been that, and Sam hasn't been that ever. 

I am a Sam fan but I look at things realistically. Hope he puts in the work and the necessary changes are made.

I think the jury is out on Sam. 

Winston had weapons, a line, a coach and one of the best defenses in the league.  They shut CMC down, over and over.   The only reason we beat the Bucs was because Winston kept throwing the ball to us.  

Now they might be able to coach that out of him, but down to only 13...seems improbable.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think the jury is out on Sam. 

Winston had weapons, a line, a coach and one of the best defenses in the league.  They shut CMC down, over and over.   The only reason we beat the Bucs was because Winston kept throwing the ball to us.  

Now they might be able to coach that out of him, but down to only 13...seems improbable.

You could also say it seems improbable that we can coach Sam to be a franchise guy. I think, from what we've seen out of both so far in they're respective careers... Sean has a better chance with Winston than we do with Sam. But that is my personal opinion and its mainly based off Sam in NY. I am not out on Darnold, he does have a solid chance of bouncing back and becoming what many think he can be. I will wait until he completes a full season with us. I am in the group that wants to believe.

5 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

You could also say it seems improbable that we can coach Sam to be a franchise guy. I think, from what we've seen out of both so far in they're respective careers... Sean has a better chance with Winston than we do with Sam. But that is my personal opinion and its mainly based off Sam in NY. I am not out on Darnold, he does have a solid chance of bouncing back and becoming what many think he can be. I will wait until he completes a full season with us. I am in the group that wants to believe.

I agree.  My point was that both Winston and Darnold did not do well but Winston had ALOT more to work with than Darnold did.

• Pie 1