• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who’s eligible for Hard Knocks in 2021?

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/hard-knocks-2021-5-eligible-teams-for-hbo-nfl-training-camp-show/

1. Dallas Cowboys

2. New York Giants

3. Denver Broncos

4. Arizona Cardinals

5. Carolina Panthers

A 2021 appearance on Hard Knocks by the Carolina Panthers could turn second-year head coach Matt Rhule into a superstar. He possesses an infectious personality that appears to resonate well with both players and the media. HBO’s crew may also hone in on the trade for Sam Darnold instead of drafting a quarterback and what that means for the franchise (and Darnold).

The Panthers also have a few potential defensive stars in pass rusher Brian Burns and safety Jeremy Chinn. It would be interesting to see if they can pull some personality from a few young playmakers on the roster.

Jacksonville Jaguars (Bonus team)

Edited by CarolinaLivin
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I thought teams with 1st year head coaches weren’t allowed to be chosen? That would exclude the Jags since Urban is taking over this year.

Dallas has to be the choice for ratings.

The writer of the atricle added the Jaguars. I don't think they're actually in the running for it

11 minutes ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

I thought teams with 1st year head coaches weren’t allowed to be chosen? That would exclude the Jags since Urban is taking over this year.

Dallas has to be the choice for ratings.

They can still do it, they just can’t be forced into doing it.

• Pie 2

Gotta be Jacksonville, right?  With Lawrence, Meyer and The Golden Calf of Bristol-mania in town I can't see how HBO would pass up that opportunity.  Although I think we are probably a close second.  Id love to see us on the show.  Amazons All-In was awesome when we were on it.

Edit:  Actually I was not aware that teams with first year coaches were ineligible to be on the show, so maybe we really will land it?

Edited by joemac

12 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Sorry, does anyone actually fuggin' care about Hard Knocks? Has any team actually benefited from the exposure?

I enjoy hard knocks, and I dont think im one of a few. It is pretty awesome to see what happens in the locker rooms and behind the scenes of an NFL franchise.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 5

1 hour ago, joemac said:

Gotta be Jacksonville, right?  With Lawrence, Meyer and The Golden Calf of Bristol-mania in town I can't see how HBO would pass up that opportunity.  Although I think we are probably a close second.  Id love to see us on the show.  Amazons All-In was awesome when we were on it.

Edit:  Actually I was not aware that teams with first year coaches were ineligible to be on the show, so maybe we really will land it?

Every team is "eligible."  But if no team volunteers to do it, the NFL can force a team to do it.  They said to eliminate yourself from being forced to do it, you either need to have a 1st year head coach or have made the playoffs in one of the last couple of years.