• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold's working from the ground up

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I go back to what Herb Brooks said when he was building the "miracle" team. "I'm not looking for the best players. I'm looking for the right players."

I've played golf with 2 different guys who were on that team...one of them I worked with -- prior to the Olympics he won 2 national championships (back-to-back) playing for Herb. 

Those guys are all badasses....

21 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Which QB in franchise history had the best supporting cast?...teddy had 3 top Wrs but no running back..cam had CMC  Or Olsen no No.1 or No.2 wr, Jake had Smitty n Muslin, Davis n Foster... Collins, etc... really didn't have much..

Sam should be great but 

We'll see....

You missed the 2 best years for offensive supporting casts - Delhomme in '08/'09 and Cam in '11

Delhomme had the best running game in the NFL (Stew and Williams), a monster OL, prime Smitty, and a great #2 in Moose

Cam had a solid OL, still the best running back duo in the NFL albeit not as good as they were in '08/'09, the second best TE duo behind Gronk/Hernandez (Olsen/Shockey), and still a very great Steve Smith.

Delhomme wasted the '08/'09 teams.  Defense wasted the 2011 team.

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

You missed the 2 best years for offensive supporting casts - Delhomme in '08/'09 and Cam in '11

Delhomme had the best running game in the NFL (Stew and Williams), a monster OL, prime Smitty, and a great #2 in Moose

Cam had a solid OL, still the best running back duo in the NFL albeit not as good as they were in '08/'09, the second best TE duo behind Gronk/Hernandez (Olsen/Shockey), and still a very great Steve Smith.

Delhomme wasted the '08/'09 teams.  Defense wasted the 2011 team.

You right Delhomme did screw that up, he was on his last arm, and that was Cam's rookie season.

Now take the best of both worlds and Sam walking into his 4th year at what 24, no excuses, he should be held accountable to those teams then. 

He's coming into the best situation for a guy like him. Will he step up, I doubt it, look how they're pampering expectations. Team sport but every team needs a leader. Most leadership comes from the QB. 

Lets pray CMC stays healthy...I mean Teddy did pretty alright without him, it would be a disaster if he left Sam for more then 3 games.

Posted (edited)

Will he step up, I doubt it

@CPsinceDay1Then you might as well not watch this season if you truly believe this.   *shrugs*

It's amazing how there are some here(like you) with such an incessant DESIRE to see Sam Fail just to have their narratives proven right instead of rooting for Sam's success as it helps the franchise and rewards us Fans.

Unbelievable.  smh.

Edited by glenwo2