• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round One, Game 5

Harbingers

25 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

How come when she sounded the siren, they didn't show it? But Scotty McfuginCreary is shown?

Bally's a new network. Probably don't have enough bandwidth to handle that many slow motion replays.

20210526_004937.jpg

Edited by Stumpy
  • The D 1

Was a late night for sure.

But, again, while we're all talking about the Canes not playing their game and allowing Nashville to dictate the pace, etc., I'm gonna continue throwing sh!t at the refs, which have been horrible the entire series. A non-stop list of missed and bad calls that change the pace of the game away from Carolina every time they get something going.

How do you win a game 4-2 in OT? From a complete bullsh!t call that took away the tying goal. That didn't work, so call a terrible holding penalty on Foegele in OT might have helped Nashville. Too many men on the ice twice in the 3rd period by Nashville not called. Martinook tripped right in front of the net, not called. High stick to Aho's head in the middle of the ice was completely ignored. And that's just the 3rd period!

Fug 'em. Goalie interference, my ass. But the first Trenin goal was from a high stick up around his shoulders, so unless he's only 4 feet tall, there's no way that stick was below the cross bar. Hell, it finished above his head.

Oh, and let's not forget today Dougie question: When the fug is he gonna use his size to impose his will on players who want to take shots at his team mates? How come we never see him in the scrum? 

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

But, again, while we're all talking about the Canes not playing their game and allowing Nashville to dictate the pace, etc., I'm gonna continue throwing sh!t at the refs, which have been horrible the entire series. A non-stop list of missed calls and bad calls that change the pace of the game away from Carolina every time they get something going.

How do you win a game 4-2 in OT? From an complete bullsh!t call that took away the tying goal. That didn't work, so call a terrible holding penalty on Foegele in OT might have helped Nashville. Too many men on the ice twice in the 3rd period by Nashville not called. Martinook tripped right in front of the net, not called. High stick to Aho's head in the middle of the ice was completely ignored. And that's just the 3rd period!

Fug 'em. Goalie interference, my ass. But the first Trenin goal was from a high stick up around his shoulders, so unless he's only 4 feet tall, there's no way that stick was below the cross bar. Hell, it finished above his head.

It's been all series long.... I also like that I'm not the only one who noticed.

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

But, again, while we're all talking about the Canes not playing their game and allowing Nashville to dictate the pace, etc., I'm gonna continue throwing sh!t at the refs, which have been horrible the entire series. A non-stop list of missed and bad calls that change the pace of the game away from Carolina every time they get something going.

How do you win a game 4-2 in OT? From a complete bullsh!t call that took away the tying goal. That didn't work, so call a terrible holding penalty on Foegele in OT might have helped Nashville. Too many men on the ice twice in the 3rd period by Nashville not called. Martinook tripped right in front of the net, not called. High stick to Aho's head in the middle of the ice was completely ignored. And that's just the 3rd period!

Oh, and let's not forget today Dougie question: When the fug is he gonna use his size to impose his will on players who want to take shots at his team mates? How come we never see him in the scrum? 

That goalie interference call was total BS.  He was interfered with by a member of the Preds.

• Pie 1